Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Hurricane Isaac Storm Reports

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comparing rainfall rates/totals with estimates. Lakefront Airport recorded 0.25" last hour (north of the heavier band). 1.42" total. Radar Estimate there is ~0.6". Boothvile ground truth was running ~30% above estimates before we stopped getting data. Southern NO is probably seeing 0.75-1" hour rainfall rates at present time based on that.

@twc_hurricane

Doppler on Wheels crew at Port Sulphur, LA reports surge peaked 30min ago; waves were cresting over the 16ft levees there. #Isaac

I don't think you can declare it's peaked yet by any means, it probably went through a lull.

Mississippi at New Orleans is rising crazy fast, near the top of the seawall according to Jim Cantore. Water flowing up from the Gulf and down the river due to rain is causing the rapid pile up...

post-645-0-84319800-1346204290_thumb.png

I don't think you can declare it's peaked yet by any means, it probably went through a lull.

Mississippi at New Orleans is rising crazy fast, near the top of the seawall according to Jim Cantore. Water flowing up from the Gulf and down the river due to rain is causing the rapid pile up...

Guess this an Obs but a nearly12 foot rise on the Mississippi today has to be concerning.

http://www2.mvr.usace.army.mil/WaterControl/new/layout.cfm

Army corps guy is wrong, yeah tide levels are receding but surge is still building rapidly at the NOS stations. In fact tide has almost gone out so tide wont help much from here on out.

One of the experts on TWC needs to correct him,...look at the banding around the eye...what if it does wrap up? I know this is very basic, but that band is going to wrap right into the delta.

Who is this clown from the Army Corp that is saying that the worst is over in the delta on TWC? You have to be absolutely kidding me on that? I have to imagine that things would get WORSE from here.

He's technically correct, both the surge and actual water level have dropped for the past hour at Pilottown, LA (nearest area to to where they were discussing).

However I think he made that sound like an overall comment.

Really got a smarmy PR flack feel from him.

One of the experts on TWC needs to correct him,...look at the banding around the eye...what if it does wrap up? I know this is very basic, but that band is going to wrap right into the delta.

The eyewall of the storm is in the perfect spot for funneling water into the area and the storm is basically stalled, it doesn't even need to wrap up to know things are going to get worse for awhile. It's not right for government officials to be this freaking oblivious to reality.

9.9 ft of surge now at Shell Beach, 0.4 ft more than Gustav.

Archived