• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
September 2012 General Discussion

Brewers

Topped out at 90 at ORD and 93 here today...both of which were the highs for each location yesterday too.

RFD hit 96 for the 2nd day in a row, which makes it the first back-to-back days to feature a high temp of 95+ in Sept since 14-15th/1939 (101/102).

I thought ORD only hit 88 yesterday. So, today's 90 was the 46th 90+ day of 2012 at ORD...one away from the record of 47 in 1988.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cyclone-

Wow...that is a lot of days above 90F... I think I'm at 34 days AOA 90F and I think that was horrible. If this is the new "normal" i'm moving to Duluth :)

Today sucked other then the much needed rainfall (just over 2 inches since Aug 1st)...

Days are getting awfully short. I have had to do a lot of nite biking because I'm not going early enough.

Still would love to see a hard Sept freeze.

Yeah pretty impressive. I think officially at MLI they're at 45-46, but they run anomalously cooler some days when other surrounding sites are several degrees warmer.

St. Louis looks very impressive to me. Over 60 days over 90, and 21 days above 100. That's just brutal.

PWATS were high (~2.00") and the flow aloft is weak, so in localized thunderstorms I thought there'd be a good chance of some deluges. But the morphing of the thunderstorms into a big shield of widespread heavy rain seemed to come out of nowhere.

If only this were a winter storm :whistle:

Point Petre in Prince Edward County is at 98.2mm/3.67" according to EC with Kingston at 91mm/3.58" close by. Phenomenal totals, especially if 5mm or less was forecast.

If only this were a winter storm :whistle:

Point Petre in Prince Edward County is at 98.2mm/3.67" according to EC with Kingston at 91mm/3.58" close by. Phenomenal totals, especially if 5mm or less was forecast.

Markham was king though. 4.13" in what, 8 hours? Considering that's pretty close to the headwaters of the Don River, I was surprised there wasn't more serious flooding downstream in Toronto. I guess we can thank the dryness of the last 3 weeks for that.

Picked up .18 with the first round (just on the northern edge of the good stuff) and .17 with the stuff overnite... Not enough, but we'll take it...

Looks like some very nice weather coming up, but the heat looks to return a week from now.

I dunno, Daddy... looks like brief shots of heat followed by quick cool downs. At least on the last 2 Euro runs.

Trapper-

Yeah...Fri and Sat should stay in the 60Fs according to the NWS here... better then nothing...

I'd love 2 or 3 weeks of straight 60Fs... Any temp in the 60Fs is fine with me.

Yes. All I meant to say was it seems like the top of the western ridge is getting continually knocked down by clipper systems. low 80s for me followed by quick cold fronts back down to low 70s... hope it's right.

LOL. I hope the end of the 12z GFS run is right. Can you say POSITIVE PNA/NEGATIVE NAO??? I know it's fantasy but man would I love that to pan out and hold for about... oh... 3 months.

In any event, you guys can have all of the cool weather you want now.

I really just wanted to log the hottest Spring AND Summer on record (both records should be there for a long time) before we officially went into the negative departures.

It's the warmest first eight months of the year at all three first-order climate sites in Southeast Michigan. NWS DTX has a convenient site here with monthly temperature and precipitation data for Detroit, since 1870, for Flint, since 1893, and for Saginaw, since 1900.

The five warmest January 1-Aug. 31 periods at each of the sites are as follows.

Detroit

1. 2012 56.6
  2. 1998 55.1
  3. 1921 54.9
  4. 1991 54.5
  5. 2010 54.4

Flint

1. 2012 54.4
  2. 1933 53.4
  3. 1921 53.4
  4. 1998 52.5
  5. 1991 51.8