joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2012 General Discussion

Brewers

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That same area of disturbed weather went through here as a surprise this AM. What was your forecast today?

Last check on The Weather Network yesterday night it was only 1mm this morning and 1-3mm throughout the day with higher amounts in thunderstorms... I think. Didn't check EC's forecast. Ended up with 40mm, and some areas received as high as 85mm.

Yeah, the models definitely played catchup on this one. I've had about 1.5" here.

So there were very little, if any, indications there would be so much rain even after it started? Environment Canada didn't issue the heavy rain warning until 245pm which is five hours after the rain started here.

Cyclone-

Wow...that is a lot of days above 90F... I think I'm at 34 days AOA 90F and I think that was horrible. If this is the new "normal" i'm moving to Duluth :)

Today sucked other then the much needed rainfall (just over 2 inches since Aug 1st)...

Days are getting awfully short. I have had to do a lot of nite biking because I'm not going early enough.

Still would love to see a hard Sept freeze.

Last check on The Weather Network yesterday night it was only 1mm this morning and 1-3mm throughout the day with higher amounts in thunderstorms... I think. Didn't check EC's forecast. Ended up with 40mm, and some areas received as high as 85mm.

So there were very little, if any, indications there would be so much rain even after it started? Environment Canada didn't issue the heavy rain warning until 245pm which is five hours after the rain started here.

PWATS were high (~2.00") and the flow aloft is weak, so in localized thunderstorms I thought there'd be a good chance of some deluges. But the morphing of the thunderstorms into a big shield of widespread heavy rain seemed to come out of nowhere.

Archived