wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
September 2012 General Discussion

Brewers

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks much better and is in line with the guidance i'm looking at. Should be a good day for many.

Agreed. Drought taking a nice beating here in Indiana, though too late for agricultural concerns of course. That being said, grass is green, lush, and growing out of control here.

I just noticed that Lansing, MI finished August 2012 at the EXACT same departure as August 2011 (+0.3).

I got my power bill and noticed my power usage was down 20% from the previous August. I'm wondering how the heck this happened, I use a programmable thermostat and the settings are identical.

EDIT:

Bah, forgot I was gone from August 3rd through the 8th and had the AC off.

map might be old? not sure what guidance has that much of N. Ill under .25"...liking MBY for .60 or so with much higher amounts south and west.

FWIW: the NAM looks wetter around here!

NAM_221_2012090618_F48_PCPIN_48_HR.png

... Last sub 70° day around here was August 13th, high 66°.

Agreed. Drought taking a nice beating here in Indiana, though too late for agricultural concerns of course. That being said, grass is green, lush, and growing out of control here.

Really didn't miss having to mow the lawn. Since it's been growing again, it seems to be growing with a vengeance also, even a few dandelions showed up in the yard.

NAM showing mid to upper 30s west of St. Cloud MN tomorrow night. I'll be there tomorrow through next Sat.

Looks like some cool days coming up for the QC area as well. Maybe a few upper 40s the next several nights.

Booyah. Little snippet from the hometown AFD.

AFT

WED...MORE SEASONABLE TEMPS WILL RETURN WITH A STRONGER SIGNAL OF A

STRONG COLD FRONT MOVING THRU THE UPPER MIDWEST AFT THE 15TH OF

SEPT. THE LATEST EC/GFS HAVE HINTED OF A LARGE RIDGE DEVELOPING

ACROSS THE PACIFIC NW...INTO WESTERN CANADA. THIS RIDGE WILL ALLOW

OR CONTRIBUTE TO A LONG WAVE TROUGH DEVELOPING ACROSS CENTRAL

CANADA AND INTO THE GREAT LAKES REGION. THIS WILL ALLOW FOR N/NW

FLOW TO DEVELOP AND THE POSSIBILITY OF MUCH COLDER AIR MASSES TO

FILTER SOUTHWARD INTO THE UPPER MIDWEST.

And yeah, it can "torch" after this happens. It's called "Indian Summer". Bring. On. The. Frost.

Made it down to a very nice 54º at LAF this morning. Also, clouds/rain kept temps down yesterday, a high of 73º at LAF. Coolest max temp there since June 2.

And as usual, south side of Lafayette wins the local rainfall contest (totals from the past 24 hours).

Lafayette 2.2 S: 1.60"

West Lafayette 2.2 W: 1.31"

Lafayette 2.2 NE: 1.28"

West Lafayette 5.1 WSW: 1.07"

LAF: 1.00"

I'm thinking lift, clean, and place at the BMW today at Crooked Stick GC. :snorkle:

Carmel 0.9 ESE: 2.85"

Carmel 2.2 NE: 2.82"

Carmel 1.5 W: 2.60"

Some impressive rainfall totals in Indiana in the past 24 hours: http://www.cocorahs....s.aspx?state=IN

Yeah, don't particularly like it, but it was almost inevitable they would get swamped. Firm and fast conditions are much more fun to watch, and the already easy course just got easier, although the rough probably just got thicker.

Yeah, don't particularly like it, but it was almost inevitable they would get swamped. Firm and fast conditions are much more fun to watch, and the already easy course just got easier, although the rough probably just got thicker.

No doubt. One of my friends went to the Pro-Am on Wednesday and said the rough had to be 6" deep, but they said on TV the crews cut it down to 4" on Thursday morning. Probably back closer to 5-6" after yesterday's rains. Regardless, should be another shoot out today with soft greens.

Archived