joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2012 General Discussion

Brewers

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how it will affect us down here, but AK looks to get pounded by some serious looking storms:

ecmwfNA_850_temp_144.gif

What we need is for these lows to drop snow and more snow...and then more snow across AK/CANADA...build a nice fat snowpack...

Fairbanks is losing nearly 7 minutes of daylight per day...

Snowblowers? This year even a snowblower won't be enough... I have a feeling that areas along the L Mich will need to be dug out by the Marines because of insanely heavy (20+ inch snows every 3 days) due to 75F lake waters and -30F air temps :)

Went hiking at Ortonvile State Park earlier. Not much color or any at all. Has allot to do with tree species. There are varius stands of oaks, hemlocks and white pine that tower over the area.

Back in the city..Some of the non native Norwegian maples or aka city shade trees seem to be yellowing along with a few native sweet maples.

That is upstream ridging, downstream is troughy in the PAC with a -PNAesque look. Not really a great thing in the winter either. A "bad" El Nino pattern. Hopefully we don't have that much in the winter!!!

Yeah, I stand corrected. Looks like in the extended at least one more torch incoming on the Euro at least. Ugh.

First day of September was below normal here. High 74°. 0.67" of rain. Some people are out tonight in sweatshirts! Goes to show you I guess how people became acclimated to the heat this summer - now 70° during the day is cold! lol

First day of September was below normal here. High 74°. 0.67" of rain. Some people are out tonight in sweatshirts! Goes to show you I guess how people became acclimated to the heat this summer - now 70° during the day is cold! lol

Only hit 74 here as well, but with dews up around 70 all day it felt very tropical. Drier air is beginning to advect in from the northeast now as the remnant shell of an underachieving hurricane moves on.

Made it to 75 yesterday. The airport didn't have any measurable precip but the West Racine weather station picked up 0.05" of rain.

Snapped a quick pic of the sky before it started to rain yesterday.

Nice picture! I recognize that spot!

Temperature stayed steady almost the entire night here at 71°. Isaac's clouds slowly breaking up here.

Torch it up baby!

gfsx_850_9panel.gif

Yep, it's looking like troughiness around the GL until at least the 11th. There's not much doubt ma nature will have another torch up her sleeve, most likely around the end of the month. After that, any torch won't be uncomfortably hot, just warm. From the end of September until the middle of November, torches are irrelevant, after which they will affect precip types. So, torch away (it may even aid in keeping lake temps up).

Nice picture! I recognize that spot!

Temperature stayed steady almost the entire night here at 71°. Isaac's clouds slowly breaking up here.

We have a small patch of clouds stuck over Madison for now. Still feels nice and cool outside like early Fall should be, bottomed out at 62 this morning and up to 76. That cold front Wednesday will really give us a taste of Fall.

Archived