joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2012 General Discussion

Brewers

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leaves are already changing colors (and it's only late August).

Its showing the same here. I too contribute the drought to that. Also our red leaf maple that is dark red all season and doesn't change colors is dropping like mad too. Usually the last leaves fall by the end of October, at this rate they will all be down by end of sept.

Its showing the same here. I too contribute the drought to that. Also our red leaf maple that is dark red all season and doesn't change colors is dropping like mad too. Usually the last leaves fall by the end of October, at this rate they will all be down by end of sept.

I'm thinking so too.

I don't recall ever seeing the leaves change this early in the season though (not this far south), many of then are yellowing and a few are red/orange.

The more I look in to it, it looks like a dry fall is good for fall color. While a dry summer seems to have adverse effects on the color making the leaves fall before they reach their full color potential.

Just noticed MKX has a story on this same topic: http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=mkx&storyid=86697&source=0

Honestly, I have not seen any leaves change colors around my area..

This

Seriously? You guys must not be looking closely. I have seen the horsechestnuts start to brown, the honeylocusts start to turn gold, and some maples start to turn red/orange, which is definitely ahead of schedule. I suspect early greenup and mid-summer drought has something to do with it.

Seriously? You guys must not be looking closely. I have seen the horsechestnuts start to brown, the honeylocusts start to turn gold, and some maples start to turn red/orange, which is definitely ahead of schedule. I suspect early greenup and mid-summer drought has something to do with it.

I have noticed it too on the Eastside, the trees along the freeways, some are turning yellow already.

Maybe...Remember tho the east side (Macomb, Oakland) had plenty of rainfall. Drought was not a big issue at all.

Archived