Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
iCyclone Chase: ISAAC

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the next convective band-- what looks like the inner eyewall-- I'm going to retreat to the town N of here. They have a huge, very high bridge. That's my last resort.

You don't have much time to wait since Isaac is pumping water into the marshes west of the river already. Once winds turn easterly you need to get out of there, if you wait till they have a southerly component it'll quickly become too late.

Just had some of the highest winds of the evening: big, gnarly bursts. Worried a bit about my exposure. Since the equipment is malfunctioning anyway, and there's no need for exposure, I'm thinking to park up against the side of the church.

By the way, a Louisiana state trooper-- who was obviously curious as to what the hell I'm doing out here and pulled up alongside my car-- told me best is to stay put until the cyclone passes. He said the levees will hold and this town won't flood. He said not to go down to Golden Meadow.

Just had some of the highest winds of the evening: big, gnarly bursts. Worried a bit about my exposure. Since the equipment is malfunctioning anyway, and there's no need for exposure, I'm thinking to park up against the side of the church.

By the way, a Louisiana state trooper-- who was obviously curious as to what the hell I'm doing out here and pulled up alongside my car-- told me best is to stay put until the cyclone passes. He said the levees will hold and this town won't flood. He said not to go down to Golden Meadow.

Awesome, stay safe. You are a crazy dude. Nice storm!

The cyclone must be moving, because the wind is shifting, praise the Lord. Still getting some of the highest winds of the evening-- big monster gusts. But I take the directional shift as a sign of progress.

3-4hr motion is close to 270...very short term is wobbling SW once more.

The cyclone must be moving, because the wind is shifting, praise the Lord. Still getting some of the highest winds of the evening-- big monster gusts. But I take the directional shift as a sign of progress.

Houma's winds went NNW @ 39 MPH Gusting to 48 MPH @ 11 pm cdt

AT 1200 AM CDT...0500 UTC...THE CENTER OF HURRICANE ISAAC WAS

LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 29.0 NORTH...LONGITUDE 90.0 WEST. ISAAC HAS

BEEN WOBBLING BUT IS MOVING GENERALLY TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST

NEAR 7 MPH...11 KM/H. A NORTHWESTWARD MOTION AT A SLIGHTLY SLOWER

SPEED IS EXPECTED OVER THE NEXT DAY OR TWO. ON THE FORECAST

TRACK...THE CENTER OF ISAAC WILL CONTINUE MOVING NEAR OR OVER THE

SOUTHEASTERN COAST OF LOUISIANA THIS MORNING...AND MOVE INLAND OVER

SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA DURING THE NEXT DAY OR SO.

Archived