Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
iCyclone Chase: ISAAC

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 4 buoys that will be in the eye before too long if Isaac would move a little bit. The closest one to being in the eye right now, PSTL1, reported 993.8 hPa at 1600Z. I'm hoping that will update soon, but it's pretty windy there... oops... just updated. Now 992.2 @ 1700Z, 59mph.

There are a couple other chasers in Houma. I can even give you their phone numbers if you wanted them, lol.

EDIT KGAO reports 1001hPa, 21G29kt.

There are 4 buoys that will be in the eye before too long if Isaac would move a little bit. The closest one to being in the eye right now, PSTL1, reported 993.8 hPa at 1600Z. I'm hoping that will update soon, but it's pretty windy there... oops... just updated. Now 992.2 @ 1700Z, 59mph.

Wow-- not bad, actually.

There are a couple other chasers in Houma. I can even give you their phone numbers if you wanted them, lol.

Not necessary.

When I was at Clark AB in the Philippines, anytime we were expecting a significant typhoon hit all Military wives in the third trimester of pregnancy would be strongly urged to report to the Base hospital to sit out the storm for that very reason.

Steve

Hi, Steve,

I find it strange that this isn't something that is more reported on... not too many people know that. It's along the same lines of not being able to fly in a plane.

Josh: I've been out on LA 1 past Galliano to Grand Isle in better weather and it looked a likely place to drown in a bad storm. I respect your experience but it might be worth a quick chat with a local yokel.

At least they speak your language, sort of, unless you run into someone who speaks French or Hmong.

I don't think he plans to go down there.

The radar looks pretty good right now!

P.S. I've had my radar set in exactly the same position since 5AM CDT, and the eye has only moved from the bottom right of that screen to where you see it now.

post-6546-0-22210300-1346188234_thumb.pn

I lost contact with Josh about 30 minutes ago. Hopefully he can get back somewhere that he has a connection. Any meteorologists have landfall ideas to share for him?

Cory, I've been reading everything as fast I could and watching TWC since 4AM, and everyone seems to indicate that the motion will continue to the NW or possibly more W. Recently I measured the distance from the center of the eye to Houma, and it is 90nm, or about 100sm. I've heard Isaac is currently moving at 8mph.

Bottom line: Houma would be right in the center of the eye in about 12 hours unless the motion changes.

Cory, I've been reading everything as fast I could and watching TWC since 4AM, and everyone seems to indicate that the motion will continue to the NW or possibly more W. Recently I measured the distance from the center of the eye to Houma, and it is 90nm, or about 100sm. I've heard Isaac is currently moving at 8mph.

Bottom line: Houma would be right in the center of the eye in about 12 hours unless the motion changes.

Okay thanks, that's good to hear. That was my advice to him before we lost contact so I'm crossing fingers--wanted to get some opinions and send them to him and hope they get through.

Archived