purple 1.75-2

yellow 1.5-1.75

whitish yellow 1.25-1.5

light purple 1-1.25

dark gray .75-1

lime green .5-.75

green .25-.5

red .1-.25

2-2.5? are you serious lol?  Im barely in the 2"-- but Im guessing get too far out east and you have mixing issues.  I just hope the mix line is oriented west east not north south lol.

:thumbsup:   The scary part is 99% of the general population has no clue there's even a possibility of a storm this weekend. Huge potential here!

Yeah TWC is still blaring about a snowstorm for eastern new england and just occasional snow showers for NYC Sunday and Monday. 

Even the guy on ABC with his noon update said there might be just enough snow to whiten the ground but not plowable lol.

This probably will come a bit west-- hopefully not more than 50 miles though.

Wow, what a run!! And work coincided perfectly with it so I missed the probable slowdowns on the site.

The only reason I would be worried about a dryslot or rain for us would be if the low headed due north from Cape Hatteras. It looks to escape east and then hook back in. It's much like the 2/25 event last year.

This sounds too good to be true, just yesterday, the models barely showed anything and now we're dealing with a MECS on our hands, maybe? 3 days is a long way to go though, I'm worried things take a turn for the worse in future runs, but it's hard not to get excited with the Euro showing such a great hit.

At this point the trend is clear and the only way for it to get worse is if it comes too far west and we changeover. 

Wow, what a run!! And work coincided perfectly with it so I missed the probable slowdowns on the site.

The only reason I would be worried about a dryslot or rain for us would be if the low headed due north from Cape Hatteras. It looks to escape east and then hook back in. It's much like the 2/25 event last year.

Yes it is but hopefully colder lol.  Save that precip map for historical purposes ;)  We're in the 2 - 2.5 inch qpf area.  If you remember 2/26/10 it was the first time we had over 1 inch of liquid followed by over a foot of snow.  Hopefully this time it will be all snow with the same precip amounts.

So we're counting on the retrograding for our storm like last Feb or is that just icing on the cake?

Yeah TWC is still blaring about a snowstorm for eastern new england and just occasional snow showers for NYC Sunday and Monday.

Even the guy on ABC with his noon update said there might be just enough snow to whiten the ground but not plowable lol.

just cloudy skies for News 12; dusting for tonight on the south shore though...:P although they probably haven't seen the Euro yet...

Guest Patrick

Yesterday, the Euro ignored the players that are on the field today. That's the short answer.

Of course, the model gods giveth and the model gods taketh away, so I wouldn't be jumping for joy just yet. I am sure that once DT, John, and others have a chance to really analyze the maps and the variables leading the current solution, we could have a better grasp on how valid this solution is.

This sounds too good to be true, just yesterday, the models barely showed anything and now we're dealing with a MECS on our hands, maybe? 3 days is a long way to go though, I'm worried things take a turn for the worse in future runs, but it's hard not to get excited with the Euro showing such a great hit.

Just got home from work and am trying to catch up. I'm guessing that this is for the 12z Euro?

ok heres the map, from greatest to least

googlearthcopy.jpg

dark blue 2.5-3

pink 2-2.5

purple 1.75-2

yellow 1.5-1.75

whitish yellow 1.25-1.5

light purple 1-1.25

dark gray .75-1

lime green .5-.75

green .25-.5

red .1-.25