12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 18-20 Talking Points - Part 2

am19psu

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm thinking if 18z models jump on board, and 00z Euro keeps status quo we might see watches as early as tomorrow afternoon?

What apparent is a slower/bit delayed system and development off the coast. So watch those trends in the 42 - 48 hour period at 18z.

Really just an awesome run when you take a step back and look at it. We will know for sure in about 8-9 hours if this is legit, but at the moment it certainly seems that way. This is following the script that most of the big ones do.

I made a post a few days ago about how I had a feeling this storm would be lost in days 4-6 only to come back in days 1-3. This isn't new, we've seen it before.

Still plenty of time, but the depiction aloft on the 12z Euro would rival some of our bigger snowstorm set ups of the past 10 years at least. That's a textbook setup for heavy synoptic snowfalls underneath the CCB which is ripping, owing to cyclogenesis along the baroclinic zone offshore.

As I said last week, the possibilities with this pattern are endless. We are so close...

i'm thinking if 18z models jump on board, and 00z Euro keeps status quo we might see watches as early as tomorrow afternoon?

Depends.. if the storm isn't forecast to really start until Sunday night, then tomorrow afternoon would mean 5th period watches. Generally something NWS doesn't do very often.

I think we'll be fine. Now that the s/w is onshore we're well into better sampling regions. As we know of course the EURO is great in this range.

praise to the mighty euro which 24 hours had a flat wave and showed nothing for 5 runs? It bombed on its handling of this storm...as has the GFS.

Watches usually go up 36-48 hours before the storm, and if the snow looks to start Sunday morning, tomorrow afternoon definitely seems reasonable.

What an incredible run all around; I still can't believe that at this time yesterday on the Euro we were looking at a flat wave hundreds of miles out to sea. :lol:

Just saying that the EURO has better history in this range. Not excusing that it was whiffing on this storm for several runs.

Euro, historically, is better, and I normally prefer it to the GFS. With that said, it performed worse than Brett Favre's attempts to throw passes at Jen Sterger via text.

You really didnt want to come here :P And now you might get two for the price of one, as there is another storm a couple of days behind this one ;)

No, unfortunately I have to head back before that one arrives. Using history as a guide, that means that now I've guaranteed that TTN will somehow get screwed on Sunday but the second one will be the biggy there...

Archived