• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 18-20 Talking Points - Part 2

am19psu

Seems like the 18Z NAM isn't working with the most current data, throw it out.

Why would the 18z NAM have older/worse data than the 12z Euro?

I'd like to see an educated response on the data assimilation, because it seems like "Well, so and so model has bad data" is just a crutch we rely on when we don't like the outcome of a model sometimes.

What's the truth?

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would the 18z NAM have older/worse data than the 12z Euro?

I'd like to see an educated response on the data assimilation, because it seems like "Well, so and so model has bad data" is just a crutch we rely on when we don't like the outcome of a model sometimes.

What's the truth?

From some of the other threads, it seems that it is using data from the 12Z NAM, which didn't have updated data on that ever so important s/w that the 12Z Euro did have. I dunno, seems like the 6Z/18Z suites are a waste of time.

Well this is what I'm referring to. Says who? Are they making it up? I'd like to see someone who would really know comment on it.

I agree about this because I saw this in the general forum, but honestly, its the 18z nam at 60hrs I would NOT lose sleep over this it is so different than the other models that have come west there a 0% chance this verifies. This may be a good storm for NE and not for us but not a chance the 18z nam is correct.

Well this is what I'm referring to. Says who? Are they making it up? I'd like to see someone who would really know comment on it.

Yea me too, any red taggers?

Personally, I don't think any model got the s/w in their initialization from this morning. I checked the WV at 715a, and it hadn't made landfall yet. But, BUT, Tony says they did and he works for NWS, so he's got a better handle on it than I do.

Archived