Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
August 2012 Obs/Disc

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird how quickly the ground absorbed the 5" of rain from two days ago.

I thought the same thing. Especially weird given that this area has had some pretty significant rains in the past month or so. Some trees are even sprouting new growth like it is April. Maybe the hot summer made them dormant and they're enjoying a second spring?

I have a lot of dead leaves in my yard already. Really early this year. :(

We have, as well. I cleaned up a lot of leaves about a week ago - we also had a lot of crispy brown grass to go with it. I mowed for the second time since late June just last week, but I might have to mow again this week after the rains of the past week. We got a random pulser on Thursday for well over an inch, then we doubled it up over the weekend, so it as a nice long soaking.

We have, as well. I cleaned up a lot of leaves about a week ago - we also had a lot of crispy brown grass to go with it. I mowed for the second time since late June just last week, but I might have to mow again this week after the rains of the past week. We got a random pulser on Thursday for well over an inch, then we doubled it up over the weekend, so it as a nice long soaking.

i always get one area in my back yard where the grass just browns up from the heat and lack o rain. Once it starts to cool off just a bit and now that we have gotten some rain it is ever so slowly coming back.

I would just like to b**ch about another hot 3-day weekend. WTF. For the last 3 years it's been hot just in time for every damn holiday.

Labor Day weekend hasn't been that bad in DC during the last three years. Here are the respective Saturday, Sunday, and Monday maximums at DCA:

2009: 87,84,77

2010: 85,82,87

2011: 82,87,84

Sure is nice out today. Took my wife for a walk. She's 8 days out of hip replacement surgery . . .

That's quite a coincidence -- I carpool in the morning with a man whose wife also had hip replacement surgery 8 days ago -- on August 21st at Reston (VA) Hospital. Small world.

Labor Day weekend hasn't been that bad in DC during the last three years. Here are the respective Saturday, Sunday, and Monday maximums at DCA:

2009: 87,84,77

2010: 85,82,87

2011: 82,87,84

That is not bad for DCA. Where do you find temp data that far back? I'd like to check somewhere closer to my area (Winchester Regional, perhaps); seems like it was warmer than that here.

Archived