• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
August 2012 Observations and Discussions

NEG NAO

I would wager we will see at least 4-5 more 90s this season.

If by "we" you mean your backyard and Newark, then maybe. I'd say for the majority of the area, we may see 1-3 more 90F days. The last week of Aug looks iffy to me, but we may see another chance in the first half of September.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

Through yesterday (the 18th), Central Park's mean temperature for August was 77.8 F....which ties for the 9th warmest August on record...however, it is fairly likely KNYC will fall out of the top ten by the end of the month as the coolest days (on average) have yet to be factored in.

yesterday was a surprise sneaky beach day...gorgeous there yesterday after noon...today might not be as good if clouds get in the way

down to 53 here

should be a great week ahead especially after the pesky Monday event. Might be our best stretch of sunny weather the whole season...and the best part of it is that after Monday the rain chances finally go away

Should keep temperatures lower than progged. Could be only in the 70s today for most of the suburbs.

The park was in the 70s yesterday so id expect the same there and for most places with at least 4 - 5 more hours of mainly cloudy skies.

My updated forecast says mostly sunny..low 80s....tomorrow rain temps only upper 60s

Mount Holly is significantly warmer than Upton by nearly 10 degrees for tomorrow. You can clearly see where the Mt Holly CWA and the Upton CWA is just by looking at the forecasted max temperatures for tomorrow. It should be interesting to see which NWS is closer to reality.

MaxT2_northeast.png

Archived