12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
August 2012 Observations and Discussions

NEG NAO

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z ECM backed down on the cool-down, leaving us with near average temperatures in the long range.

It still has a major cool down for the Plains with -10 to -15 anomalies. It tempers down as it moves east but we still have a ways to go.

it will still be low to mid 80s..maybe some upper 80s next week.

I think the forecast gets challeging towards the end of next week with onsore flow and perhaps a front hung out along the east coast. Otherwise its a humid/wet and overall warm pattern. Guidance trending away from the ridge next weekend and pushing it into the week of the 20th. Perhaps the 1953 timing?

it will still be low to mid 80s..maybe some upper 80s next week.

Yeah. As we approach next week, we can see that the major change will occur for the northern plains. Our area looks like humid and warm weather for the foreseeable future.

Yeah. As we approach next week, we can see that the major change will occur for the northern plains. Our area looks like humid and warm weather for the foreseeable future.

Better then having that heat dome to our west...hopefully we start seeing the decent soon...like how the midwest will cool off...

With this humidity my core/cardio shape is amazing

It's a nice change for that part of the country.

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DULUTH MN

0541 PM CDT FRI AUG 10 2012

...RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE SET AT INTERNATIONAL FALLS MN...

A RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE OF 38 DEGREES WAS SET AT INTERNATIONAL

FALLS MN TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 39 SET IN 2011.

I think we'll have "pulses" of change. It may get cool and dry for 1-3 days, then followed by warmth, humidity, and storms.

Agree. Nothing more then a little break in the pattern before we get back to what we are use to. Fall can not come soon enough

Just like it has been the whole summer. The trough never sweeps into our area.

I am honestly starting to hate this summer. The heat hasn't been extreme, but the humidity is just out of control. Such stuffy, uncomfortable airmasses lately.

My low was 71.7F last night here in Westchester, and I'm sitting at 76.1/73 right now. I don't think we've seen dews below 70 in the better part of a week.

I am honestly starting to hate this summer. The heat hasn't been extreme, but the humidity is just out of control. Such stuffy, uncomfortable airmasses lately.

My low was 71.7F last night here in Westchester, and I'm sitting at 76.1/73 right now. I don't think we've seen dews below 70 in the better part of a week.

Its pretty insane how humid it has been this summer. If you are doing anything besides swimming than its extremely uncomfortable to be outside.

The huge summertime Greenland Block during coming week will keep the core of the coldest air to our

west. The big blocking pattern will slow the front down to a crawl here with the potential of very

heavy convection over the MA and NE. After the front finally clears our area, the airmass will modify but

we'll get into some cooler weather for a time. The Greenland Blocking so far this summer has been

very impressive. This may very well be a new record for the summer.

FINALLY...a weekend beach day with NO chance of rain...when was the last time we had one of those. I for one am tired of all these rain chances whether they come to fruition or not. It will be nice to see some full sun and blue skies for a change. Enjoy everyone

I know what you mean but despite the chances of rain, a majority of weekend days were mainly rain free and excellent beach weather this summer. We do have some clouds moving east into the area but today should be great for the beach. Sitting at 80 under mostly sunny skies now.

The huge summertime Greenland Block during coming week will keep the core of the coldest air to our

west. The big blocking pattern will slow the front down to a crawl here with the potential of very

heavy convection over the MA and NE. After the front finally clears our area, the airmass will modify but

we'll get into some cooler weather for a time. The Greenland Blocking so far this summer has been

very impressive. This may very well be a new record for the summer.

It looks like we'll maintain a mainly humid/wet and overall warm pattern over the next week (thru the 18th), as we near next weekend pending on where the front hangs up, we may be dealing with plenty of rain chances. Beyond there between the 19th and 22nd we may see that period of cooler air which even moderated may bring some below normal temps. Does the timing for heights rising ad warmer weather mimic the 1953 late august.earlty sept heat wave? Structly timing - not heat but itwould be interesting.

10AM Roundup

TEB: 81

NYC: 77

EWR: 81

LGA: 81

JFK: 82

ISP: 80

NBRNSWK: 78

BLM: 81

TTN: 74

Big change today is the dewpoints. I went for a 2 mile walk this morning and it felt so refreshing compared to the soup we've been in for so long.

Big change today is the dewpoints. I went for a 2 mile walk this morning and it felt so refreshing compared to the soup we've been in for so long.

Yeah I can feel the drier air slowly moving in. Dew point down to 66F from 72F earlier this morning.

I've had 21 lows at or > 70.0F this summer, so that's a true testament to the humidity. August has been more humid than June or July thus far.

Guest Pamela

Yeah I can feel the drier air slowly moving in. Dew point down to 66F from 72F earlier this morning.

I've had 21 lows at or > 70.0F this summer, so that's a true testament to the humidity. August has been more humid than June or July thus far.

Islip with 23 days when the low was 70 F or greater this year.

Guest Pamela

Islip with 23 days when the low was 70 F or greater...

LaGuardia with 50 days when the low was 70 F or greater...and 1 day with a low of 80 F or greater so far this year.

LaGuardia with 50 days when the low was 70 F or greater...and 1 day with a low of 80 F or greater so far this year.

Man that is a disgusting stat. Worst part of this summer if you ask me. I try to walk a few miles every morning with my 15 month old and the humidity has been stifling. And the sun always manages to find a way to shine every morning when I'm out there too lol.

Man that is a disgusting stat. Worst part of this summer if you ask me. I try to walk a few miles every morning with my 15 month old and the humidity has been stifling. And the sun always manages to find a way to shine every morning when I'm out there too lol.

Even during a cool summer like 2009, the warm minimums drove the small positive departure in August.

http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/orders/IPS-2985A4E1-B1C5-4A46-B4DB-6B4DC2721FA3.pdf

Archived