EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
End of July 2012 obs/discussion

Ian

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great t-storm this afternoon. Best I've seen in a long, long time - rainwise. Picked up almost 2.2 inches probably in just over a half-hour. Temps crashed from 86 to 68F. The great t-storm summer continues out here. It's been quite a while since I've seen everything so green at this point in the summer. Grass looks great, although I'll have to mow again this week. I went 6 weeks w/o mowing during one stretch last summer. This summer the most I've been able to go is 2 weeks, and right now it's weekly, just like during spring.

wow, that is dry. Even in MD's desert of Frederick, I measured 4.15" in June and 3.37" in July. I guess we're making up for the hideous screw job we got in 2011.

Yeah, it's been pretty tough. We just seem to have been in the little nooks and elbows and empty spots whenever there have been storms around, and by the time the edges of the storms get to us, they either reform elsewhere or fizzle out. Same exact thing happened earlier today. We'll see if we can pull something off a little later.

Archived