12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July 2012 Observations and Discussions

NEG NAO

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does it always have to be that the park is to cool....newark has a warm biases and os constantly warmer then every station every day

I'd say LGA is probably the best to use for most people. Newark and the park tend to be a couple degrees too hot or too cold for most people in the area.

just because an El Nino is developing it doesn't mean August will be cool...It looks like this El Nino could start officially during the Summer...If not it might not happen and we will see neutral enso instead...The latest an el nino became official was the ASO three month oni index in 2006, 1994, 1976...1968 and 1986's el nino started officially during the JAS three month period...1968 had a warm August...1986 a cool one...all had a lower average than July which is normal...

The storms Upstate look well positioned for the city on North & will impact at the time of day with most favorable dynamics... around 3-4PM perhaps? Looks like there may be a MCS forming as well... I think we are positioned well for this event, as NYC is on the cusp of the heat dome but will still be ~100 today. I wonder if we'll see brownouts before it gets here anyways, the strain on the NE power grid has to be enormous right now.

this coming from the guy who had it in the upper 60s for a days recently...keep huggin JB

Find the posts where I said 60's ! I know your a Heidi jones fan so it would make sense why you would lie. I said near to slightly below 2nd half of July. Keep huggin Heidi jones!

IIRC, several people were thinking 103-107 today

Who was thinking that??? That's ludicrous. The NAM was easily the warmest and even at Newark only had 103F.

BTW, up to 97F here now -- may have to eat my words about not reaching 100F, though we'll see about the 102-103F predictions for this area.

Archived