Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Soaking Rains

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been getting nailed a lot here. The storms took a while last night, but after midnight they grew just north of Spartanburg and got this area after midnight, which grew into a decent sized mass for central NC. Now I'm on my 7th good thunderstorm since this began Sunday night. Not sure of the total , but I'll check the gauge when it ends. Somewhere around 4" total, which is about a month's worth. Very unusual, but I'll take it. The RUC had late development today, which worked out ok for this area again.

I just picked up 3.5 inches in a little over 25 minutes. I rode down the street and hit 3ft of water raging across the road and there’s not even a creek there? A person’s mailbox was barely sticking up above the water. It literally hailed for somewhere between 15 to 20 straight minutes; at times reaching quarter size. This might have been the wildest storm I’ve ever experienced. Especially considering I had just looked at the radar and went to bed thinking we had no chance of rain tonight!

Saw .10 today from some showers leftover from the training storms that produced the flood warnings in the western part of the county. Radar estimates show between 6-10 inches. Good these totals are falling over mostly rural areas because that would be some crazy flooding.Same north of Leesburg,Ga. Crazy rainfall from those stationary storms. Radar estimates 10+ inches of rain with 7 inches per hour. Seems unreal.

Parts of NE SC are inundated. Businesses here in Florence are closing. Even Time Warner Cable's office evacuated at around 2:00 because water was coming in. Reports of roads in Florence, Marion, and Horry counties being impassable. Not just side streets either, some are state highways.

Parts of NE SC are inundated. Businesses here in Florence are closing. Even Time Warner Cable's office evacuated at around 2:00 because water was coming in. Reports of roads in Florence, Marion, and Horry counties being impassable. Not just side streets either, some are state highways.

Panovichs twitter mentioned that

Local media also reporting major problems in the city of Dillon. Main Street is flooding with water entering businesses and several cars stalled out. Apparently neck deep in a few places.

A commercial building in Marion County burned down after a lightning strike.

Was getting a little better in Florence, but the yellows on the radar are encroaching once again.

Local media also reporting major problems in the city of Dillon. Main Street is flooding with water entering businesses and several cars stalled out. Apparently neck deep in a few places.

A commercial building in Marion County burned down after a lightning strike.

Was getting a little better in Florence, but the yellows on the radar are encroaching once again.

You guys are getting hammered alright.....5-6" in and around Florence with that batch to the north settling in might be good for another couple of inches. Hopefully the rates fall enough to allow some drain off of the stuff that ha fallen although the Pee Dee is already reflecting all the water and its going to get worse before it gets better.

Currently 67 with light rain and loud thunder still being heard. Saw about an inch of rain from the severe warned storm. Wind gusts were about 40-45mph before the storm and about 20mph during the storm lol. Looks weird outside with one part of the sky blue, the other red, and the other side dark with crazy lightning strikes.

Pretty decent storm near Marietta, GA. Where is Marietta when you need him for OBS!? :lol:

THE PUBLIC REPORTED QUARTER SIZED HAIL AS THIS STORM MOVED THROUGH

MARIETTA.

eqqyS.png

Nasty cell, watching it from a distance luckily. The sky is a yellowish/green tint with the storm passing just to my south and east. It cooled off considerably without a drop of rain from 84 down to 74 with a cool breeze. I'm just to the west of the white dot representing Marietta to give a perspective of my current location.

Getting continuous loud thunder and just a minute ago that lovely blast of chill moist air, yaaay more rain in store!

> THERE HAVE BEEN NUMEROUS REPORTS OF QUARTER TO HALF DOLLAR SIZED

> HAIL COVERING THE GROUND AS THIS STORM MOVED THROUGH SMYRNA AND

> MARIETTA.

okokokok I'm getting the patio stuff in, hold your horses ...

This is shaping up to be an interesting hour. Western Douglas County will be getting the cell that caused that Smyrna/Marietta notice, and then some impact from another to the southeast. The last few frames showed the outflow from the two cells interacting.

Getting continuous loud thunder and just a minute ago that lovely blast of chill moist air, yaaay more rain in store!

> THERE HAVE BEEN NUMEROUS REPORTS OF QUARTER TO HALF DOLLAR SIZED

> HAIL COVERING THE GROUND AS THIS STORM MOVED THROUGH SMYRNA AND

> MARIETTA.

okokokok I'm getting the patio stuff in, hold your horses ...

This is shaping up to be an interesting hour. Western Douglas County will be getting the cell that caused that Smyrna/Marietta notice, and then some impact from another to the southeast. The last few frames showed the outflow from the two cells interacting.

Good luck! I like seeing them moving south west, 'cause they sure don't find me coming out of Ala. :) Tony

Nasty cell, watching it from a distance luckily. The sky is a yellowish/green tint with the storm passing just to my south and east. It cooled off considerably without a drop of rain from 84 down to 74 with a cool breeze. I'm just to the west of the white dot representing Marietta to give a perspective of my current location.

Was hoping you'd have some hail pictures for us, but I guess it's a good thing that you watched it from a distance. haha. Hail kinda sucks, I've been stuck driving in two hail storms at night so far this severe season, exciting but certainly not fun...

> AT 857 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

> LINE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZED

> HAIL...AND DAMAGING WINDS UP TO 60 MPH. THESE STORMS WERE LOCATED

> ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM 10 MILES NORTHWEST OF CHATTAHOOCHEE

> HILL COUNTRY TO 7 MILES NORTH OF CHATTAHOOCHEE HILL COUNTRY TO

> CHATTAHOOCHEE HILL COUNTRY...MOVING SOUTHWEST AT 15 MPH.

?!?! Douglas/Carroll/Fulton <> CHATTAHOOTCHEE HILL COUNTRY

The Smyrna/Marietta cells and the cell in Western Fulton County collided more or less directly overhead with a lot of noise and light and rain. I heard what I thought was hail tink-ing a couple of times, but wasn't able to see any to report. The winds were not-really-strong-enough-to-report but gusting from every angle.

Archived