Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Soaking Rains

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! What a storm system! I have over 2.5 inches since midnight after 0.46 inch from yesterday. There's almost no point in giving a total right now, because it's changing as I type this. It continues to "Rain Cats and Dogs" according to the ol' Vantage Vue. This moisture plume just seems to be training right over me as it moves from SW to NE. I know I didn't expect this much rain. I was hoping for 1.5 inches storm total, and I've already doubled that. I'll take it! More reports later if I don't float away...

:flood:

What an excellent rain event from the Upstate through all the foothills of NC and most of the mountains. I've got 2.44" and still raining lightly. Haven't seen this big of a widespread large event since last Spring.

Ya this is really great to see such a wide spead event like this. A lot of people needed this rain especially to the East of the mountains.

As I mentioned yesterday, the Carolinas, Va and Ga aren't done. There will probably be some re-development this afternoon somewhere in the best low level moisture and instability axis from East Tn down to GA and especially in the central Carolinas. The cyclonic flow aloft and trough axis holding back west should help anything that forms to push almost due north in NC to VA. Hopefully areas that yet haven't had anything major can get in on the second round later today.

I'm now well over 3 inches just since midnight. Combined with yesterday's rainfall, I'm approaching 4 inches of rain, storm total. Just...WOW!!

Looks like rain may be coming to an end here shortly according to radar. But, storms may pop this afternoon again according to GSP.

Edit: Ditto to what Robert said above. I guess we posted at the same time.

As I mentioned yesterday, the Carolinas, Va and Ga aren't done. There will probably be some re-development this afternoon somewhere in the best low level moisture and instability axis from East Tn down to GA and especially in the central Carolinas. The cyclonic flow aloft and trough axis holding back west should help anything that forms to push almost due north in NC to VA. Hopefully areas that yet haven't had anything major can get in on the second round later today.

Ya the sun is trying to come out here this morning. Maybe we can see some storms fire up and come through.

What an amazing upslope rain event here in the foothills of North Carolina. In Hildebran (just outside of Hickory), I picked up 3.36 inches of rain overnight coupled with .40 of an inch yesterday. Total rainfall= 3.76 inches. This is the biggest single rain event since 2010. Not really wanting any more storms this afternoon, but that is possible. A lot of standing water, but right now, no flooding has been reported.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE COLUMBIA SC

225 PM EDT MON MAY 14 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN COLUMBIA HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

SOUTHEASTERN CALHOUN COUNTY IN CENTRAL SOUTH CAROLINA

SOUTHWESTERN CLARENDON COUNTY IN CENTRAL SOUTH CAROLINA

EASTERN ORANGEBURG COUNTY IN CENTRAL SOUTH CAROLINA

* UNTIL 300 PM EDT

* AT 225 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO 6 MILES