joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Soaking Rains

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's a lot of hail.

We had a good lightning storm move through Macon County from east to west right after sunset. Here are a couple of the better ones:

22a77e41.jpg

White Lightning

aa839f0f.jpg

Purple Lightning

That same general area must have got hit a dozen times before it selected a spot too close for comfort and I ran inside.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but for the first time this week it had actually stayed dry around my area for the whole day. Strange to say such for describing the weather considering the fact that the past few days featured a rain event of some fashion. Lots of clouds but never did a drop here. Wednesday's total was at 1.29", which equates to a grand total from Sunday-Wednesday up to 5.74"! Unreal but welcomed nonetheless. A fantastic first half of the week for folks who could really benefit from all of this.

By the way, thought I share a few pictures of some interesting lightning. Never seen one spread like this before. They are 3 frames in sequential order:

mvi5596avisnapshot03322.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If this low does develop and retrograde inland Sunday and monday then theres gonna be potential problems for some areas. Especially NE South Carolina after the deluge they had yesterday. Gonna be interesting to see where and how this next system evolves.

Did pick up rain (Finally) over night, .78", Storms again all around, left & Right, flooding advisories all around, (as noted in some post(s))..

Overcast today, cool Mid-60's, light winds. Some Sprinkles here & there...

Plenty of Disco, on the possible Hybrid Low the Models are trying to devolope from Ga up throughSC- NC-VA, Should be interesting to watch...

Archived