12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Heart of April banter and discussion.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS thru 138 extrapolates to a soaker... details will change from run to run but overall pattern screams widespread drought busting rains. :)

Nice, if I post about anything it's a fetish according to Ryan. Let's get the record straight, I called CLP out on Irene's response, he poo pooed my concerns until he lost power in the Halloween storm, then all of a sudden hmm maybe I was right after all. He confronted the CEO and made national news doing so. Media types, so behind the eight ball.

Yeah it gets WCB type stuff into here.

Yeah, you're right about climo with this track verbatim... but these typically get the WNE uplands pretty good for a while before translating to the East... I used to live in Boston and am quite familiar with heavy rains for seemingly days W of like BDL with these S flow systems before it slowly chugs east... less QPF and usually falls over much shorter duration.

But, for those looking to get rain, no one seems to get screwed from this. It's one juicy ass system.

Yeah, you're right about climo with this track verbatim... but these typically get the WNE uplands pretty good for a while before translating to the East... I used to live in Boston and am quite familiar with heavy rains for seemingly days W of like BDL with these S flow systems before it slowly chugs east... less QPF and usually falls over much shorter duration.

But, for those looking to get rain, no one seems to get screwed from this. It's one juicy ass system.

Yeah absolutely. Euro was much farther east, but the GFS looks more like the euro ensembles. I like a good heavy rain event. There are always mesoscale aspects of these systems with deep negatively tilted troughs like upslope or small scale convergence that enhances rains. Hopefully this doesn't go too far west and leaves us with less than a half inch, but if that trough closes off sooner or further sw..it may just prolong the rain over SNE.

86 in my office, like a sauna. No breeze FTL and no air conditioner ready FTL.

we will likely never see anything like this again. It's just not normal.

I bet you will next April. The last time Plymouth MA didn't hit 80 at least once in April was in 2000. It's a lot more unusual for the Cape to reach 80 this early, but not completely unheard of.

I bet you will next April. The last time Plymouth MA didn't hit 80 at least once in April was in 2000. It's a lot more unusual for the Cape to reach 80 this early, but not completely unheard of.

Yeah but it's not the random warm days that always happen...it's the wall to wall torch really for 6-7 months now. I mean it's just incredible how many +20 days there have been.

Yeah these trees are much less green in the burbs.

Ironically... just this morning the giant broad green leaf maple next to my house had burst open.. .What's interesting is that it went right to leaf out with no flowers. Last year it had flowers. I wonder if the screwy climo this year is doing that...

DGEX from 06z offered up a huge elevation blue snow bomb for the Berks/Greens /whites, with silvery catspaw accumulations on car tops for the lower els. UKMET extrapolation wasn't much different. And so the Euro was cold at 850mb in those regions, too -

We haven't had ...pretty much any success phasing anything in months and months and months, but heh, there's still time to do that.

Ironically... just this morning the giant broad green leaf maple next to my house had burst open.. .What's interesting is that it went right to leaf out with no flowers. Last year it had flowers. I wonder if the screwy climo this year is doing that...

DGEX from 06z offered up a huge elevation blue snow bomb for the Berks/Greens /whites, with silvery catspaw accumulations on car tops for the lower els. UKMET extrapolation wasn't much different. And so the Euro was cold at 850mb in those regions, too -

We haven't had ...pretty much any success phasing anything in months and months and months, but heh, there's still time to do that.

Pretty good consensus on a closed low right now, phased too. Just a matter of exactly where this tracks and closes off.

Wow that 12z GFS is disgusting...3-6" widespread rain over 3 days, ending as a foot of snow Adirondacks, Greens, Berks at the higher elevations.

That time around hour 174-186 is another massive upslope assisted with deformation crushing blue snow for the Green MTN Spine down into the Berks.

Wow that 12z GFS is disgusting...3-6" widespread rain over 3 days, ending as a foot of snow Adirondacks, Greens, Berks at the higher elevations.

That time around hour 174-186 is another massive upslope assisted with deformation crushing blue snow for the Green MTN Spine down into the Berks.

We're not done yet.

We're not done yet.

Your 2k worksite would be white if that pans out.

The synoptics of that 12z GFS would lead to some obscene QPF totals...first on the SE flow into the Whites, then the long duration west to northwest flow of anomalously moist air into the Greens, Berks, and Taconics.

Archived