• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    vokive3692
    Newest Member
    vokive3692
Heart of April banter and discussion.

CoastalWx

You wanted a drought Kevin. There's only one person in this world who has the power and authority to exercise this demon from the good people of SNE. One person who dares to slay the hot and dry beast. He is summoned.

post-33-0-99962800-1334695611.jpg

Just play this and picture Steve flying around filling up reservoirs and streams.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of surprising you're not cautious..the one time you probably should be and your're balls out on table

Well I'm not saying everyone is getting 2-3". But hey an inch will help and do a lot. I actually feel pretty confident that someone in western areas and NY state may get 2-3"+.

Well I'm not saying everyone is getting 2-3". But hey an inch will help and do a lot. I actually feel pretty confident that someone in western areas and NY state may get 2-3"+.

Yeah I think when push comes to shove most of the 1+ falls out to the west of SNE.. An inch would be great..but I still see many of us getting less than that

Yeah I think when push comes to shove most of the 1+ falls out to the west of SNE.. An inch would be great..but I still see many of us getting less than that

Well this is the type of deal that dumps and inch in 2-3 hrs easily, so it's kind of early to nail down jackpot areas..especially when the focal point may be in a narrow area. My guess is western areas and NY state too, but models eventually shift this east and it becomes a WCB type deal like Ryan said. Besides I don't need to jackpot, just want rain.

Well this is the type of deal that dumps and inch in 2-3 hrs easily, so it's kind of early to nail down jackpot areas..especially when the focal point may be in a narrow area. My guess is western areas and NY state too, but models eventually shift this east and it becomes a WCB type deal like Ryan said. Besides I don't need to jackpot, just want rain.

yeah i don't think the idea of heaviest west is bad at all...but that certainly doesn't mean we are left high and dry. ripping SSE LLJ, high pwat air, some elevated instability, good duration...all means jackpot in this could be several inches of rain easy...so missing out on the heaviest axis could (should?) still equate to >1".

right now, i think of any spot in the region, my area probably has the highest likelihood of falling short of 1" given the current look of things. but even .5 to .75 will seem like a landfalling typhoon in this pattern.

if things shift s and e some and the surface boundary is displaced further south i might make out better.

details details i guess.

Agreed. I saw your anti-Ryan rant the other day because of my szygy/sandbag quip... made me smile :)

its all good bro, just bustin. I know you guys like to have me for breakfast. Hope you are happy in your new house. Worked outside yesterday in the desert, lots done but man dust and pollen city.

yeah i don't think the idea of heaviest west is bad at all...but that certainly doesn't mean we are left high and dry. ripping SSE LLJ, high pwat air, some elevated instability, good duration...all means jackpot in this could be several inches of rain easy...so missing out on the heaviest axis could (should?) still equate to >1".

right now, i think of any spot in the region, my area probably has the highest likelihood of falling short of 1" given the current look of things. but even .5 to .75 will seem like a landfalling typhoon in this pattern.

if things shift s and e some and the surface boundary is displaced further south i might make out better.

details details i guess.

Kevin was right the other day talking about how as this evolves some of us could be looking at tropical blue sky for a while before the axis shifts east, although models will change it appears some drought relief is on its way. I think everyone here is rooting for rain, nothing positive or good about a drought record.

Days and days of rain. It's about time...all this nice sunny weather is making me happier than I should be this time of year.

Saturday: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Saturday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Sunday: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Sunday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Monday: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

details details i guess.

Yeah I'm interested to see how this evolves. At least it's something fun to track.

even if the storm does track inland, we could see that SE fetch pull in some moisture off the ocean.

don't get me wrong, if I had to place my bets right now, I'd lead towards lesser amounts, especially for the eastern half of New England.

details details i guess.

Totally agree - with these setups, even though the best forcing is confined along the trough axis to the west, you oftentimes see batches of showers develop and ride the SSE flow. These can be tough to pin down... but this is a long duration event bound to contain some surprises in the "dry" NE quadrant. Or, it can be hours to sea salt drizzle and fog... who knows.

I am, however, quite confident in a growing probability of drenching rains (3-4"+) in climatologically favored areas - Litchfield Hills/Berks/Greens/Catskills/NNJ & EPA uplands.

Archived