Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Heart of April banter and discussion.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the deal with torching in EMA after the front? NW winds not coming off the water?

yeah combo of things...doesn't always work out...but when it times out like this there tends to be a lag in the arrival of cooler air for starters...so the weak CAA aloft is offset, NW flow downslopes to the coastal plain, good mixing and good launching pad from the previous day's warmth...and obviously keeping marine taint offshore.

yeah combo of things...doesn't always work out...but when it times out like this there tends to be a lag in the arrival of cooler air for starters...so the weak CAA aloft is offset, NW flow downslopes to the coastal plain, good mixing and good launching pad from the previous day's warmth...and obviously keeping marine taint offshore.

78 here just unbelievable day after day.

Nicest day of the year right now.

We will pay for this in March.

I doubt anyone uses them verbatim. They are a pretty product, though.

Are there any useful snowfall maps? The clown ones are absurd, too

Clown maps can actually be useful if you know what your doing. They might show things like tight gradients or elevations bullseyes to further boost confidence in a forecast. I know this winter, some of the clown maps were extremely "meh" on snow potential and when that happens...time to move past the event.

Clown maps can actually be useful if you know what your doing. They might show things like tight gradients or elevations bullseyes to further boost confidence in a forecast. I know this winter, some of the clown maps were extremely "meh" on snow potential and when that happens...time to move past the event.

I def. do not know what I am doing. What I sort of do, with some of the clown maps, is take what they show and divide by three, then keep my weenie crossed. That sort of hurts ya know.

And I agree when the clown maps look putrid, time to move on. We did that a lot this season.

I'm surprised no one has started a post mortem on Wonter 2011-2012 yet. Still holding out on the bookend I suppose...lol

Archived