Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2/19/12 OBS take what you can get

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Repots of snow in Marion, Blacksbug, Lynchburg, but rain reports further west. Sort of a cad type look to the reports. Wise has rain and 34 degrees at 2600 ft elevation. Might be a good sign for southern Va if they can get the precip. Radar looks good so far but will it hold?

absolutely pouring snow in Blacksburg. Campus drillfield is at 2010' Go Hokies! :)

http://www.vtnews.vt.../eggleston.html

(might need to refresh when on page)

41/27 here... bright outside. Should fall back pretty quick once the thicker clouds and any precip get here.

There's going to be one wicked cut-off in north central VA somewhere between several inches and nothing overnight. I thought the air mass would be drier than it is, so here's hoping for something.

to me, radar trends look like this might end up being slightly north than modeled. looks like a nice band is on its way towards charlottesville right now. curious to see how far north that initial band gets. i definitely would be liking the trends if i was in fredericksburg...they may get in on some. http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=fcx&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

back to -SN here in LYH, coating on everything except the roads. Radar making me kind of nervous, looks like the best precip may actually miss us to the north later today.

I think the best bands may be north and west and then SE=-

BUT, 3-4 is doable. Radar is fluid.

I think the best bands may be north and west and then SE=-

BUT, 3-4 is doable. Radar is fluid.

As long as it doesn't whiff completely, I think three (maybe 2.5) is a solid bet at this point. If we can get into some of the more intense bands, however, I see 5 being very doable. Temps are down and just waiting for the bulk of the precip.

The only thing we are getting up here in Frederick is massive sinus issues from this system. The whole family woke up this morning with sinus headaches. What is the current pressure of this system?

Wow, noticed the same symptoms for myself this morning and I didn't even suspect the nearby storm system. BTW, we're receiving heavy, driving sunshine right now at nearly 48 degrees. Noticed that several of you from central/southern VA have filled in your location on your profile as well -- appreciate that.

The only thing we are getting up here in Frederick is massive sinus issues from this system. The whole family woke up this morning with sinus headaches. What is the current pressure of this system?

My backyard reads 30.03 currently. I have bad sinus problems but was actually ok today. Lots of congestion today but no headache. Hope you feel better!

Archived