amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2/19/12 OBS take what you can get

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is DT calling it when it's really not over til it's over?

That dude's hubris is without compare. I sat and attempted to read his WxRisk.com screed last night in slack-jawed awe -- I actually got stuck several times on, "Its NOT Luck or hype or happenstance that this event has broekn (sic) my way." ORLY? With the "event" pieces still technically coming together at the time and only remotely supporting your call? Crow is a dish best avoided altogether, as Mr. WxRisk is apparently finding out with each offer to pay subscribers back this afternoon. (Not that his sycophants on Lamebook are even noticing the "money back guarantee!" offer...they appear to keep cheering him on.)

Currently 44 degrees here, temps dropped about 4 degrees in past 1.5 hours, clouds thickening/lowering even further in SW. That intense precip just south of Fredericksburg on radar looks like it could graze or even make it into the southern D.C. suburbs....here's hoping.

i think the orientation of the precip can be misleading sometimes with these upper level lows. it may look like it's coming north, but they tend to be clustered around the low which still looks like it's headed mostly due east, not to mention some of these bands may get mangled as they cross the apps. i really don't expect anything significant (1-3") to make it up to DC.

would be funny, though, if after all these ups and downs, the coastal forms a little further north and we end up with a couple inches.

That 1-3"s near DC might just happen, and points ENE, with evening night temps to cool the ground and about 3-4 hours of light to moderate snow possibly on the way. The odds are not too bad. It looks like the the high res models are trying to catch up to the strength of the storm. Time will tell. I would expect a surprise for some anyway.

Just got back from a trip from the house (Very Eastern Powhatan Rt.288 and 711) to the county transfer station out Rt. 60W (15 miles). Visibilities were about 3/4 mile to perhaps 1/2mi at times, temp from 32 to 33 light to moderate snow. Accums from a trace to perhaps 1/2". Attached pic of front yard not much but at least it's accumulating snow, something I thought I wouldn't see this year.

post-7605-0-12752200-1329685910.jpg

Archived