amirah5
Feb. 18-20, 2012 Disco/Analysis

Poimen

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DT speaks before JB... :D

Wxrisk.com

‎*** ALERT ** OZ GFS will be showing NO coastal Low of any kind will will Likely show a Low going waaaaaaaaaay inland or up over the Appalachians. At 84 hrs the Model has removed or "lost" the Big Upper Low over se Canada so the Model merges or "phases the 2 Jet streams into a BIG trough HUNDREDS of miles further west of every oher Model has been showing and what the last 14 runs of the GFS Model HAS been showing

Well our only saving grace is the NAM and GFS look nothing alike even out to 48 hours....but that doesn't comfort me much.

Hopefully for our sake this is the GFS being to progressive with the SW out west, if it slows down, allows the 50-50 to develop it would be a much different run, maybe not enough for us, but wouldn't be this miller b junk.

Wxrisk.com

‎*** ALERT ** OZ GFS will be showing NO coastal Low of any kind will will Likely show a Low going waaaaaaaaaay inland or up over the Appalachians. At 84 hrs the Model has removed or "lost" the Big Upper Low over se Canada so the Model merges or "phases the 2 Jet streams into a BIG trough HUNDREDS of miles further west of every oher Model has been showing and what the last 14 runs of the GFS Model HAS been showing

[/quote

Thanks Solak. Ashame GFS still does it day 3-5 trampolene acts . Haven't noticed this year due to the fact we haven't had anything to track inside 5 days. But it clearly is way off compared to other models this run.

Hopefully for our sake this is the GFS being to progressive with the SW out west, if it slows down, allows the 50-50 to develop it would be a much different run, maybe not enough for us, but wouldn't be this miller b junk.

I don't think this is a miller b. If it were a miller B, then a primary would move up the apps or just west of the apps, weaken, and transfer energy to a secondary along the coast. Miller b's are often accompanied by CAD. The 00z GFS shows no secondary or transfer of energy and there is no CAD showing up as a result of the 2 lp's. It is just one low pressure that takes a track that isn't good for the southeast.

TW

I don't think this is a miller b. If it were a miller B, then a primary would move up the apps or just west of the apps, weaken, and transfer energy to a secondary along the coast. Miller b's are often accompanied by CAD. The 00z GFS shows no secondary or transfer of energy and there is no CAD showing up as a result of the 2 lp's. It is just one low pressure that takes a track that isn't good for the southeast.

TW

There's 2 lows, 1 over the lakes, one running up NC that consolidates. The primary is over the lakes.

gfs_namer_096_500_vort_ht.gif

There's 2 lows, 1 over the lakes, one running up NC that consolidates. The primary is over the lakes.

gfs_namer_096_500_vort_ht.gif

You sure that's a miller B? Most miller b's I'm familiar with have the primary moving up the apps or tennesee valley and then transferring to the coast. The low over the lakes has nothing to do with a miller b I don't think. I'm no pro, but think there is a difference between a miller b and what you are describing.

TW

You sure that's a miller B? Most miller b's I'm familiar with have the primary moving up the apps or tennesee valley and then transferring to the coast. The low over the lakes has nothing to do with a miller b I don't think. I'm no pro, but think there is a difference between a miller b and what you are describing.

TW

Yep should have clarified, sorry, you are probably right, this might not be a "miller b" but the primary low is up over the lakes and there is another low running up the GA/NC.

The Weather World speaks tonight:

****The 0z GFS shows 6-12 inches in D.C. 12-18 inches in Philly and 15-20 inches in NYC for the Sunday-Monday night storm."*** Inland PA and in the mountains over 20 inches of snow!!

Now can the other models follow suite? Is this just a fluke? Lets not go overboard here, but wow, what an amazing run. HUGE differences. This storm is now a legitimate threat for the area. (Frank)

UKMet looks pretty good at 96...closer to the NAM look with ~1004mb sfc low over New Orleans

ukmet(color) vs gfs. notice the southern stream. unreal to see the differences only 3 days down the road. i think the gfs is out to lunch here. if history repeats itself, the euro will likely side with the ukmet.

post-233-0-93206700-1329281845.gif

The GGEM looks like it's holding serve to it's 12z run.

A little warmer and less amped far as I can tell. 0C 850 isotherm straddles the nc/va boarder at 108 hrs, an only comes south slightly thereafter between 114 and 120. NW NC may be ok, but verbatim a central VA hit on the northern fringe of the precip shield. UKMET takes a track from LA coast through s GA to OTS, don't have temps but think it would be warm base on heights, looks nothing like the gfs, more in line with the Canadian no surprise there. GFS quickly becoming an outlier with the 0z suite.

ukmet(color) vs gfs. notice the southern stream. unreal to see the differences only 3 days down the road. i think the gfs is out to lunch here. if history repeats itself, the euro will likely side with the ukmet.

Guesstimate is that the sfc low on the UKMet tracks from New Orleans across far south Georgia then at a point due south of Hatteras and due east of Savannah

Hey guys, just checking in.

Amateur here, but just scanning over the 18z GFS, on twisterdata, seems it throws down some snowfall for NC and TN. Looks a bit delayed now so Sunday night / Monday time-frame. Is that correct?

Still not a ideal setup I agree from what I have been reading here, maybe far from it. Really hoping for something across the northern foothills this time.

Archived