12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 11-12, 2012 Observations/Discussion/Nowcasting

NorEastermass128

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I was never really expecting the big 6"+ amts but thought/still do 3-5/6 would be reachable. It's actually cooler by a degree or so right now than most prongs had it too

Yeah agreed. Models held serve out to the east. West of the Canal it may be a struggle but see no reason why places like HYA won't see 3" or 4".

Well I was never really expecting the big 6"+ amts but thought/still do 3-5/6 would be reachable. It's actually cooler by a degree or so right now than most prongs had it too

I agree, looking at the HRRR and RUC it looks like the heavier stuff doesn't come in for another few hours, and should help get the surface cool enough to help with accumulations.

If they are close to right it looks like 9-12am is when things pick up some more and 12-5pm is the time for the heaviest precip. I still think a general 1-3" or maybe 2-4" for boston metro and the ranges you mention for the cape seem in line with the guidance.

Edit: down to 32.9/31.4 and sticking on cars now but it's still so light that it would probably be impacted by sun angle nonsense lol :axe:

Looks pretty toasty out there on the CP. Looks like an awful lot of mid 30's down there. With the increasing sun angle and ground temps already supporting spring flowers it's going to be tough to get a plowable event.lol

agree, gonna be hard to accumulate on roads unless rates pick up significantly, expect roads to be mostly wet during the daylight hours here, will help with the pace of play

Archived