Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Feb 11-12, 2012 Observations/Discussion/Nowcasting

NorEastermass128

a couple things

looking at the band breaking out around dc/bmi with some hvy rates there looks good thru NJ

....it's obvious the LP center is not going over the BM nobody is under that delusion

BUT it doesn't mean we need the LP to shift 100 miles NW in order for that heavier swatth of precip on the sref's to come back NW 30-50 miles or so....i think that band of high QPF currently modeled over outer cape still have ability to reach back to Bos area. and suprise folks to the upside regardless if we know the LP is going way SE.

apparently as another poster mentioned the EVP low is strengthening SSE of delmarva and causing the blow up of heavier precip in the dc-bmi corridor and could be what we hope could clip bos area

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a couple things

looking at the band breaking out around dc/bmi with some hvy rates there looks good thru NJ

....it's obvious the LP center is not going over the BM nobody is under that delusion

BUT it doesn't mean we need the LP to shift 100 miles NW in order for that heavier swatth of precip on the sref's to come back NW 30-50 miles or so....i think that band of high QPF currently modeled over outer cape still have ability to reach back to Bos area. and suprise folks to the upside regardless if we know the LP is going way SE.

:weenie:

Night.

Ummm...do not understand box forecast.

With the expectations for your area, that's one to bring tears to a weenie's eyes. Surprised that up here my p/c has an inch. The ZFP just says 50% chance of snow. It has no mention (good or bad) or accumulation. How funny would it be if through ratio, orographic lift, and luck of the draw that GC jackpotted with .1" more than other areas.

But, I can still record a trace based on the event thus far. Too bad we can't even look forward to a frigid and windy blast. Instead, we get a somewhat chillier and less winday day instead. Alas.

Well...I just woke up maybe I'm missing something...but everything looks exactly the same data wise out here. Temps are exactly as progged, qpf etc.

It is sort of interesting/funny. It like a forecaster came into work in a debbie downer mood and just said "no snow for anyone" and ripped down the Advisory. That Advisory lasted all of 12 hours, lol.

I thought Blizz said they were going to upgrade amounts and expand the WAA westward?

It is sort of interesting/funny. It like a forecaster came into work in a debbie downer mood and just said "no snow for anyone" and ripped down the Advisory. That Advisory lasted all of 12 hours, lol.

I thought Blizz said they were going to upgrade amounts and expand the WAA westward?

Probably a slip of the tongue but the warm air sure didn't advect anywhere lol. It's a light ra/sn mix and not sticking yet. 34/34 out there.

Man there were a lot of weenie suicides last night, good grief. Some people need to get a grip (Not you cc) just was facepalm after facepalm while reading a couple pages last night of people dropping the toaster in the tub because of a light snow storm not looking good on the models.

Edit: 33.6/31.8 and slowly creeping down.

Archived