CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Feb 11-12, 2012 Observations/Discussion/Nowcasting

NorEastermass128

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said 2-4 for BOS with it being more 2-3, but I was explaining to him why I thought his area might be in a tough spot. I may bust high, even on the Lowe end but we will see.

Was just busting re I thought you were leaving on a vacation for the weekend....figured you were just peaking back in.

I'm not encouraged by anything at this point. But then again not much was supposed to be happening overnight. We may be about to see the moisture expand. The major differences between the RGEM which was a very light event and the american duo is they develop the moisture that was exiting NC...which looks like kind of has faded but is possibly being replaced from the south. So many variables, precip over the outerbanks is growing.

http://radar.weather...id=mhx&loop=yes

Was just busting re I thought you were leaving on a vacation for the weekend....figured you were just peaking back in.

I'm not encouraged by anything at this point. But then again not much was supposed to be happening overnight. We may be about to see the moisture expand. The major differences between the RGEM which was a very light event and the american duo is they develop the moisture that was exiting NC...which looks like kind of has faded but is possibly being replaced from the south. So many variables, precip over the outerbanks is growing.

http://radar.weather...id=mhx&loop=yes

I am away, just checking in. Funny how this winter you are the mini GC. I suppose you and Phil are deserving after last winter.

I am away, just checking in. Funny how this winter you are the mini GC. I suppose you and Phil are deserving after last winter.

Mini is the operative word. I think my expectations are down to hoping for up to 2".

I can't see the QPF output on the UKIE, but it looks to me like it's much like the RGEM. It's possible the american models were overplaying that little node of moisture over the NC region earlier. It's a bit tough to tell because the radar is out north of that region...it could have been just falling in between stations.

I wonder if that band to the south can develop a little more north to help the interior out.

We should be pretty well saturated for the duration so any light stuff on the NW side should reach the ground...I could see a steady light snow for several hours for some areas. Hopefully there's enough there to get weak lift over the interior.

We should be pretty well saturated for the duration so any light stuff on the NW side should reach the ground...I could see a steady light snow for several hours for some areas. Hopefully there's enough there to get weak lift over the interior.

Yeah that's true. You may not have the qpf but 1000' will help offset that a bit if you get light precip as snow and other areas as rain.

Archived