CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Feb 11-12, 2012 Observations/Discussion/Nowcasting

NorEastermass128

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM looks terrible, SREFs say we may see some snow showers, radar looks bad. What more can I say? Maybe the GFS looks good, but everything else sucks for out here. I'd feel better if I were you.

It's all relative to ones emotions. Your expectations must have been unrealistic. This is going pretty much as I thought it would. The comments in here tonight are nauseating. All guidance still looks on track, NAM included.

It's all relative to ones emotions. Your expectations must have been unrealistic. This is going pretty much as I thought it would. The comments in here tonight are nauseating. All guidance still looks on track, NAM included.

Dude, I'm home. I'm not at school. It literally looks like a d-1" event here. Obviously my expectations were higher than that lol.

The NAM definitely took most of the snow away for areas like metro west Boston and back in this region where most guidance had 2-4" type snowfall. So in that respect, its definitely different.

For NW CT though most guidance has looked pretty bleak for more than an inch.

The NAM definitely took most of the snow away for areas like metro west Boston and back in this region where most guidance had 2-4" type snowfall. So in that respect, its definitely different.

Yeah, I mean I thoguht we could squeak out 3" over here at one point last night. I was even thinking 4-5" for school, so maybe my expectations were a bit high. Some station in CT was chucking 2-5 for CT with 5-10 in the east yesterday. Whoops.

Yeah, the NAM hasn't had a single run that was consistent yet. It did pretty much what the Euro did, just east a bit and more consolidated away from the main band.

The RGEM was never a bit hit anywhere and has always largely been a miss. 12 hours ago it had an inverted trough signal...been disregard by NCEP as being too progressive. It shifted a bit east tonight, but within the noise/grid. The other night Jerry pointed out it's often terrible, it may be right this time, who knows...but not that worried about it.

I'd like to see the area of precip getting ready to exit the VA Capes expand soon. We need to see that starting to expand aggressively towards Block Island (the direction not distance) in the next 2 hours. Maybe some signs that's about to occur.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=MHX&product=N0Z&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

nam is still a solid thump out here...like .6 at fmh to .8 at chh. actually up over an inch at ACK and a good chunk, verbatim, is frozen even out there. still gets the good lift onto most of the cape.

I took a look at the HYA soundings. Solid thump out there.

It's funny to sit here at 44F and 12h from now it will be 33-35 and snowing.

nam is still a solid thump out here...like .6 at fmh to .8 at chh. actually up over an inch at ACK and a good chunk, verbatim, is frozen even out there. still gets the good lift onto most of the cape.

Congrats! Maybe the trend is real and we're done with any -SN early on, so the sun can come out and maybe we can play catch for the second day in a row.

Baseball season is oh so close!

PS- I know it's just one run of the NAM, but man...this winter has been something else. It's like some evil evil person is controlling the weather perfectly to mess with our emotions.

It's as if people saw the NAM roll out and said, game over. I still think the 2" is possible in the metro west are of BOS.

It's as if people saw the NAM roll out and said, game over. I still think the 2" is possible in the metro west are of BOS.

Yeah I don't think we can put zero weight on the NAM though..but I haven't changed anything yet. I was expecting a couple inches here...hoping for 3"...but it might be tough. HRRR is still walloping SE MA...doesn't go out far enough to see just how far NW decent snow gets, but it looked a lot better than the NAM...but its the HRR beyond 6 hours so I won't place much stock in that model either. I guess we're just going to have to see how radar looks early tomorrow morning.

Hopefully the Euro doesn't crap out.

Yeah I don't think we can put zero weight on the NAM though..but I haven't changed anything yet. I was expecting a couple inches here...hoping for 3"...but it might be tough. HRRR is still walloping SE MA...doesn't go out far enough to see just how far NW decent snow gets, but it looked a lot better than the NAM...but its the HRR beyond 6 hours so I won't place much stock in that model either. I guess we're just going to have to see how radar looks early tomorrow morning.

Hopefully the Euro doesn't crap out.

I was just looking at the HRRR and it is. At this point modeling is becoming a moot point. Radar and obs will become more important. Buoy data will help as well to watch for where the center(s) develop.

I feel Phil and Scott are sitting pretty right now with their longitude.

I was just looking at the HRRR and it is. At this point modeling is becoming a moot point. Radar and obs will become more important. Buoy data will help as well to watch for where the center(s) develop.

I fell Phil and Scott are sitting pretty right now with their longitude.

Do you have a good link to the HRRR?

Archived