joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 11-12, 2012 Observations/Discussion/Nowcasting

NorEastermass128

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25-30" for the Berkshires as we get annihilated under a 3-4" per hour death band and thundersnow. We end up right under the pivot point and we get smoked with 35-40 dBZ snow for 6 or more hours tomorrow afternoon and evening as the 700 mb low goes right over KTOL and the surface low goes near the CC canal.

Only in my dreams...nice while it lasted. This winter has gotten to me like no other. :gun_bandana:

Anyhow, not expecting much from this "event". Maybe an inch, perhaps two. Maybe we can get a little upslope from CAA after the low goes by and squeeze out a little more. As this will be a nowcasting event, more on that tomorrow as this unfolds.

GC Oct 29

25-30" for the Berkshires as we get annihilated under a 3-4" per hour death band and thundersnow. We end up right under the pivot point and we get smoked with 35-40 dBZ snow for 6 or more hours tomorrow afternoon and evening as the 700 mb low goes right over KTOL and the surface low goes near the CC canal.

Only in my dreams...nice while it lasted. This winter has gotten to me like no other. :gun_bandana:

Anyhow, not expecting much from this "event". Maybe an inch, perhaps two. Maybe we can get a little upslope from CAA after the low goes by and squeeze out a little more. As this will be a nowcasting event, more on that tomorrow as this unfolds.

Even an inch or two will help my cross country trails out. Right now the tracksets are bulletproof. I think there is a race tomorrow at the Notchview Reservation so they'll be hoping for some love as well. The downhill stuff is firm and fast as it has been all season. Dust on crust.

Dewpoints aren't great to support anything falling in New England and Hudson River Valley. Snow in Bradford, PA (north of me), Altoona, PA (southwest), and Harrisburg, PA (south), and now light snow for me in State College, PA. The lighter bands we have will help keep virga down for later.

EDIT:

Granted the high of upper 30's did not come true for Central PA, while the mid and upper 40's did come true for Southern New England today.

there is near nothing from the front end of this thing per NAM (up and down the coast)

The NAM is a miss for most from what I can see at 12...question is whether or not it gets SE/E areas. It's awfully tight.

Like I said an hour ago, I never remember one of these working out when the majority of the precip is offshore at Hatteras.

Maybe they can go around and vacuum up the salt in CT.

The NAM is a miss for most from what I can see at 12...question is whether or not it gets SE/E areas. It's awfully tight.

Like I said an hour ago, I never remember one of these working out when the majority of the precip is offshore at Hatteras.

Maybe they can go around and vacuum up the salt in CT.

12/30/00 comes to mind, mainly because BWI was predicted to get 6" and we got cirrus

Archived