Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Valentine's day 2012 system

Cheeznado

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another non event for most in this continuing crappy winter lol. had a mix of rain and snow, and it tried to go to snow with some decent size flakes about 130 but i gave up and went to bed. a few areas of sleet this morning on the dirt but that was it. temp stopped dropping about 34* or so. almost but just not quite there.

i am ready for this winter to end :lol: as for the weekend...yeah right :rolleyes:

We didn't even catch a sprinkle here at KTRI. I know a lot of highway departments threw a lot of money down the drains brining the roads. I guess when there is doubt, you go ahead and do it, but i am sure the cost (both for the solution itself and the man hours, gas, wear and tear on the vehicles adds up to a significant amount.

We didn't even catch a sprinkle here at KTRI. I know a lot of highway departments threw a lot of money down the drains brining the roads. I guess when there is doubt, you go ahead and do it, but i am sure the cost (both for the solution itself and the man hours, gas, wear and tear on the vehicles adds up to a significant amount.

Weren't they forecasting around an inch there? TN looked to be in a good spot per QPF. compared to other locations.

not much here because as the precip hit athens it just dissappeared...shocking. I've seen that so many times it's just remarkable. However, I did have a few "sleet showers" that were mixed with rain. Glad to see other areas get some sleet/flakes although I'm disappointed the northeast sections were the victims of very dry air.

Oh well..hardly worth getting upset about imo but at least dsaur saw his sleet lol. :thumbsup:

Now with the exception of the far north, the atlanta to athens areas are possibly going to have to experience the classical NC/western NC/north ga mountain snow while we are stuck in the 30s/40s and rain. What a waste to see a gulf low go to waste for us. Although I know it's still 5 days out, there is pretty damn good agreement among the models so confidence is higher than average with respect to the general details. Cross your fingers for a more southern track or a faster HP building into the NE...but a word to the wise..don't get your hopes up.

Archived