joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The feb 4-5 storm (Obs/Discussions)

Ji

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The verification on this one was rather interesting... some odd shapes/placements of the snow totals:

20120204-05_MAsnow_comparison.png

The front-end of the system over-produced and the back edge under-produced, with some front-end banding boosting totals in central MD. Lighter rates and above-freezing temperatures kept the totals down elsewhere. Overall, I had the right idea, but with a warm boundary layer and a weak system it's always difficult to nail the accumulations. I'd give this forecast a B- for getting the general theme right within the oddly-placed snow totals.

I'd say B+ as snow amounts always tricky and your forecast area of coverage was great!

Opposite IMBY front end dusting (too light and temps above freezing) 1.6 from back end. began about 2:30 am and stayed light (temps below freezing) and steady for about 5-1/2 hours.

still a bit left now:

post-4831-0-73790100-1328567375.jpg

The verification on this one was rather interesting... some odd shapes/placements of the snow totals:

20120204-05_MAsnow_comparison.png

The front-end of the system over-produced and the back edge under-produced, with some front-end banding boosting totals in central MD. Lighter rates and above-freezing temperatures kept the totals down elsewhere. Overall, I had the right idea, but with a warm boundary layer and a weak system it's always difficult to nail the accumulations. I'd give this forecast a B- for getting the general theme right within the oddly-placed snow totals.

Archived