amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The feb 4-5 storm (Obs/Discussions)

Ji

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason it took me awhile to change over... just a few miles NE of me had changed over a good 1/2 hour before me under the moderate precip.

There's been some good returns on the radar up that way... wouldn't be surprised to see reports of around an inch.

Yup, just crested an inch. JNIS (reliable obs) 6mi to the east in Damascus was at 1.1" 15 minutes ago.

I opened the french doors in the bedroom to get a good look at the snow a few minutes ago, and had a spider hanging from a small web off of the gutter. You don't see that with big snow flakes coming down behind the spider very often either.

Thank God there are no stink bugs flying around the light...that would have ruined it for me. :)

I haven't looked at anything in 2-3 days, so you'd know better than I.

LOL. I seriously doubt that.

There is some precip breaking out in the Cincy/Dayton area. I guess it's not beyond possible that it slides east or that another area develops. The HRRR model does show this happening.

Pretty amazing how fine of a line we had on this one. Had a nice coating on everything and the grass was mostly covered at my house in Montgomery Village but when I drove to 355 and 370 in Gaithersburg the accumulation cut in half or worse. I drove a few more miles south and there was nothing.

Same out this way. The Stephens City exit traffic cam on 81 is about 15 miles due south of me. I have about an inch, and that cam showed very little snow.

it was so lol when the nam had it lasting like 30 yesterday

That's what I saw but it also had only light stuff last night. I'm finally back home. I drove through 8 hours of snow from just east of Toledo to around Columbia Maryland. However, the temp was generally 33 degrees except near the Laurel highland on the PA turnpike where there was around 2 inches on the grass. Once the NAm went with the sheared look, the storm was pretty much dead for the dc proper.

That's what I saw but it also had only light stuff last night. I'm finally back home. I drove through 8 hours of snow from just east of Toledo to around Columbia Maryland. However, the temp was generally 33 degrees except near the Laurel highland on the PA turnpike where there was around 2 inches on the grass. Once the NAm went with the sheared look, the storm was pretty much dead for the dc proper.

The NAM was awful with this event. I know you tend to like it in the short range but I'm not always sure why other than you are an HPC guy. Perhaps we get another area of precip later this evening but the Euro destroyed it on this event just like it did on 10/29 and 1/22.

Archived