joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 13-16 ULL snow threat and obs

Ginx snewx

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning to All folks......I am new..or formally from Eastern US WX forum...that is....anyways...based in Hull Mass..and owner of Northeastweathereye.com I am a former NWS coop and skywarn spotter from Jaffrey New Hampshire from the late 1980's to the mid 1990's. Snowfall record of 168" for the winter of 95-96. My home is 400 feet from the Atlantic side of Hull.

I remember your reports very well from Jaffrey welcome back.

LOL..I know..but it wasn't trash talk by a few. Every year Will and Ryan pull the same stuff.

Anyway no big deal...Nice to have a little snow on the ground

Nice dude...after all the times I actually defend your obs and now you can't handle us messing around....grow up and take it like a man.

Just heard from a friend in Larchmont, NY (near Rye) that they had enough snow to shovel from overnight, while my shovel has been sitting idle on my porch.

:axe:

Yup had 1.5" in Dobbs Ferry, NY last night, about 15 minutes from Larchmont. Very pretty scene here as the sun has begun to shine and temperatures are hanging in the lower 20s.

Just a dusting by daylight this a.m. A few flurries during the day. What is in the cards for tonight and Wednesday? I'm getting mixed signals watching the weather apps.

As the ULL moves over us there will be some vort lobes rotating around spawning off some snow showers. Some of the higher res models (WRF-NMM, RGEM, GEMLAM, SUNY) are spitting out some minor accums up here in C NH...probably not much more than 0.05"-0.10". I think it would be a mostly deposition snow so maybe we can get some decent ratios despite the paltry QPF. I don't think I'd see much more than an inch.

As the ULL moves over us there will be some vort lobes rotating around spawning off some snow showers. Some of the higher res models (WRF-NMM, RGEM, GEMLAM, SUNY) are spitting out some minor accums up here in C NH...probably not much more than 0.05"-0.10". I think it would be a mostly deposition snow so maybe we can get some decent ratios despite the paltry QPF. I don't think I'd see much more than an inch.

18z GFS rotates some snow back into E MA and across NNE too.

Archived