• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 13-16 ULL snow threat and obs

Ginx snewx

That must be it..because there was def more snow in town here above 700 feet than lower spots...and it wasn't due to elevation since everyone was plenty cold enough.

I mean we have enough here for me to take the girls sledding tonight, plows out plowing and me to shovel this AM

Sell it man, sell it!!!

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That must be it..because there was def more snow in town here above 700 feet than lower spots...and it wasn't due to elevation since everyone was plenty cold enough.

I mean we have enough here for me to take the girls sledding tonight, plows out plowing and me to shovel this AM

We still don't even know everything there is to know about little micro climates. I still see it around here too and sometimes I can't believe it. Usually the effects aren't that big, but if the right setup occurs, then you can get some weird stuff....especially if the synoptic forcing is weak and the low levels have moisture.

Usually a W or SW wind does jack for any microclimates in terms of precip because its a dry wind, but not in yesterdays setup..the low levels were still all saturated which is not common when you start ripping W winds.

That's not my report and neither was the 2 inch report from Tolland. The last report I gave last night at 8:00 was 1/2 an inch and that's when all hell broke loose.

Radar last night was not doing the snow justice around here. I have no idea why..other than maybe we were upsloping a bit?

I do think you may have had some upslope. Radar blossomed right around your location right around the time you posted your obs.

A lot of it was low level stuff for about the first 2-3 hours it happened. There was a strong LL convergence boundary going on and some of the stuff was probably staying under the radar...there could have been minor upslope if some of the W winds were turning more SW off the valley.

The same thing was happening in ORH county....Hubbdave got like 3/4 of an inch while I got a dusting and there wasn't all that much on radar....there were a few heavier echoes, but a lot of it wasn't showing up. He's near the spine of the hills...maybe just barely W side while I'm on the east slopes of the ORH hills, so I wasn't benefiting at all from any mesoscale upslope that might have been occurring (even if veyr minorly) on a W wind.

Even the area at the base of Wachusett had pretty much a dusting (not that 0.5-0.75" is a big deal)

A lot of it was low level stuff for about the first 2-3 hours it happened. There was a strong LL convergence boundary going on and some of the stuff was probably staying under the radar...there could have been minor upslope if some of the W winds were turning more SW off the valley.

The same thing was happening in ORH county....Hubbdave got like 3/4 of an inch while I got a dusting and there wasn't all that much on radar....there were a few heavier echoes, but a lot of it wasn't showing up. He's near the spine of the hills...maybe just barely W side while I'm on the east slopes of the ORH hills, so I wasn't benefiting at all from any mesoscale upslope that might have been occurring (even if veyr minorly) on a W wind.

Watching radar last night I noticed a nearly stationary N/S oriented band of lighter reflectivity just west of Gardner extending into SNH. At the same time a heavier echo (contaminated by melting) moved S-N on the east side of the spine coating most surfaces. Maybe spurred by ll convergence as the temperature dropped from ~35F prior to the burst to ~31F after?

Ended up with .5” most of which occurred at dawn.

same here (flurries) .....will be interested to see if they have anything in stoneham when i get to work at 6 (looks like that meso band was nearly over them)

we had flurries all day at wachusett.

grass was coated once you get to exit 26/27 headed west on route 2.

Flurries here too, and a great snowmaking evening. Just shot this picture of my backyard! :) I love Xmas decorations with the snow.

post-1183-0-29286800-1292380095.jpg

same here (flurries) .....will be interested to see if they have anything in stoneham when i get to work at 6 (looks like that meso band was nearly over them)

we had flurries all day at wachusett.

grass was coated once you get to exit 26/27 headed west on route 2.

You skiied today? My son and I went for a few runs after dinner. Man it was cold! Friday was much more fun...

...and I got a few flurries.

A few more now. 17.5/7

Archived