• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Shooting Blanks - Who will go snowless this winter?

eyewall

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, the way this pattern is, I seriously doubt that even RDU will see a flurry before the winter's out, barring some March cold snap (not uncommon after warm winters -- all that cold air's gotta go somewhere). There certainly won't be an advisory or WSW criteria storm in this state outside of the mountains and maybe the extreme foothills.

Honestly, the way this pattern is, I seriously doubt that even RDU will see a flurry before the winter's out, barring some March cold snap (not uncommon after warm winters -- all that cold air's gotta go somewhere). There certainly won't be an advisory or WSW criteria storm in this state outside of the mountains and maybe the extreme foothills.

Downtown Raleigh had flurries when we had that quick cold shot.

Chattanooga in the valley areas will see only snow showers or flurries this year... the surrounding mts will see a couple more minor events from 1-3 inches tops. (Would love to be wrong)

I'm sure that I'll hear about it if they get anything more than a millimeter. Anytime it snows in Chattanooga, friends and family there start texting me and acting like they live in a Valdez, Alaska. Excitement for snow is typical everywhere in the South, but it makes me chuckle nonetheless.

As soon as the winter pattern established itself I gave up any ideas of snow here in Wilmington, N.C.

I do expect to see one or two minor sleet events though; as they seem to be unavoidable here.

Am content with the warm winter and memories of last winter's three-inch snowfall.

Tim in ILM

:pimp:

And there you have it... The pattern this winter has long been established. It's going to take a lot to create a new one, and even more to get one that benefits the SE.

Archived