• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Shooting Blanks - Who will go snowless this winter?

eyewall

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know some of you keep up with the mid atl and NE boards.....are people up there goin' nuts with nothing to track?? Sure there's some jumpers up there!

While browsing the MA and NE boards, I noticed a good bit of gloom, despair, and agony. We should be resigned to a snowless winter done here in the South, but an underachieving winter has to be frustrating for those folks on up the coast considering the expectations.

Linville is ok, but we have just gotten '2 bit' dustings from upslopes.

Charlotte: No snow for you!

LOL ok. This time last year we had already had our 2 winter events, and were looking for more. When Winter does finally hit the Southeast, it'll hit hard. I'd advise folks to take this off time to prepare. Are you trees trimmed away from structures? Have enough fire wood/gas? Tires have enough tread? Usually winters have a turnaround, and ours hasn't begun yet.

"Creating snowless thread on January 12 FAIL!"

In Atlanta there are years where we don't get measurable snowfall, it's not that uncommon. We are a good chunk into winter with nothing to show for it. Perfectly reasonable to believe that despite our average being 2 ish inches per year that we end up with nothing. I'm sure there are plenty more cities that could fall into that category. Some of us don''t have the luxury of living in NC or the mountains where snow is easier to come by.

That's kind of like taking a camera on a fishing trip, isn't it?

:frostymelt:

LOL ok. This time last year we had already had our 2 winter events, and were looking for more. When Winter does finally hit the Southeast, it'll hit hard. I'd advise folks to take this off time to prepare. Are you trees trimmed away from structures? Have enough fire wood/gas? Tires have enough tread? Usually winters have a turnaround, and ours hasn't begun yet.

"Creating snowless thread on January 12 FAIL!"

its a therapy session thread lol. the problem is that so far we havent had the switch in patterns and the current horrible one is locked in (like a great one was locked in the last two winters). if we hit the end of jan. and still havent changed, and its still the proverbial 10 days out the writing may be on the wall. i remember a couple of winters like this before the good ones :) the cold and storm was always a week to 10 days away and never got here. i am having horrifying flash backs to those years now :lmao:

I had studs put in my tires today, so i'm ready!

Agree. One of these days we will certainly turn from warm to.......hot. :cry:

Not really, in Atlanta there are years where we don't get measurable snowfall, it's not that uncommon. We are a good chunk into winter with nothing to show for it. Perfectly reasonable to believe that despite our average being 2 ish inches per year that we end up with nothing. I'm sure there are plenty more cities that could fall into that category. Some of us don''t have the luxury of living in NC or the mountains where snow is easier to come by.

The luxury of living in NC? You know that it has to get real cold down south to get snow in Atlanta. Just like where i am at we average 8inches a year. Boy that's alot!! You got spoiled last year just like a lot in the SE

The luxury of living in NC? You know that it has to get real cold down south to get snow in Atlanta. Just like where i am at we average 8inches a year. Boy that's alot!! You got spoiled last year just like a lot in the SE

If you look at my thoughts about winter back in September/October I was fully prepared for a bad winter.

post-38-0-98752400-1326399580.jpg

:lol:

its a therapy session thread lol. the problem is that so far we havent had the switch in patterns and the current horrible one is locked in (like a great one was locked in the last two winters). if we hit the end of jan. and still havent changed, and its still the proverbial 10 days out the writing may be on the wall. i remember a couple of winters like this before the good ones :) the cold and storm was always a week to 10 days away and never got here. i am having horrifying flash backs to those years now :lmao:

We need more therapy session threads, but not as bad as the weenies up north do :lol: fyi....I've had those horrifying flashbacks for the past decade :hug: The only saving grace has been the past two winters where I have had some relief from this horrible drought and record breaking hot temps. It was just enough to keep me off Lookout's ledge :wub:

I doubt Charlotte and the surrounding areas will see snow this year.

And I doubt your prediction will be correct. ;)

True, this doesn't appear to be setting up for a good winter, but there's no need to make like Ji and cancel winter just yet. There's a couple months left and all we need is one decent event to make it out of winter feeling okay.

Thanks, I'd like to attribute it to my inability to be pessimistic. I knew you could "will" snow, just didn't know it would work this quickly. haha

And you, sir, have access to the knowledge of the ancient Weather Mystics and their Initiates. That one can "will" winter weather. Just like at football game where cheering loudly, and getting snockered, can lead to a team winning. You can will the weather. I've been willing for years and years, but I keep getting snow, when it is sleet I want. I haven't had a decent winter since 2005 when I got to sled for a day, but I've had some good snows, so I'm almost there :) I feel I'm right on the verge of success, and I believe I can "will" up a huge sleet storm in the next month :thumbsup: T

Archived