joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter '11/'12 Complaint Thread

A-L-E-K

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Har har. I was exaggerating because I'm hoping for a decent event. But thanks for the picture of that dusting. I do hope we get a lot better than that. Traffic site showing GREEN everywhere. My colleagues at the office are all complaining of another over-hyped event.

*back to lurking*

All the TV mets in the area have been going with ~4-6 area wide with a long drawn event. No hype at all.. Lol what did you expect a foot+ with constant 40mph+ winds?? :lol:

With the way things are going now the tv guys might even bust LOW.. :lol: Please go right ahead back to lurking...

Lol @ the donut hole of no advisories. Said the other day would be funny if metro detroit was only place in the region without an advisory. Still awaiting the first advisory/watch/warning of the year.

it does look funny, but to be fair, some of those advisories to our south are a joke, as advisory criteria gets weaker and weaker as you go south.

Im not feeling good about this event, but I will wait til its over to say anything, in case theres a surprise.

it does look funny, but to be fair, some of those advisories to our south are a joke, as advisory criteria gets weaker and weaker as you go south.

Im not feeling good about this event, but I will wait til its over to say anything, in case theres a surprise.

Yeah it is really starting to really look like a model hype storm.

This winter just sucks. Period. It's the worst one I've experienced thus far in my 31 and a half years of life, save for perhaps 2001-2002. What a year to move back to Toronto from Ottawa! lol

To date, Jan 2000 and Jan 2007 were worse. But if we haven't seen anything by this time next week, this winter is going to get the futility crown, at least for "starts" to a winter.

To date, Jan 2000 and Jan 2007 were worse. But if we haven't seen anything by this time next week, this winter is going to get the futility crown, at least for "starts" to a winter.

If I see another p!ss tank I swear to god I will........ :axe:

I hope this storm over performs. Its all about now-casting now.

I hope it pulls a Feb, 2011 where it suddenly shifts NW. I swear before I went to sleep that night the radar looked so sick, I wake up :cry: but I still managed to get 20cm.

If we don't get anything by the end of this month I will throw in the towel on winter 2011-12. At this rate 09-10 will leave this winter in the dust. Never thought I would say that :lol::axe:

If I see another p!ss tank I swear to god I will........ :axe:

I hope this storm over performs. Its all about now-casting now.

I hope it pulls a Feb, 2011 where it suddenly shifts NW. I swear before I went to sleep that night the radar looked so sick, I wake up :cry: but I still managed to get 20cm.

Downsloping WSW winds were always a factor that sort of worked against us seeing anything decent tomorrow. If the forcing was strong enough, we could overcome it, but with us being on the fringes of the best vvs, I think the lower end calls are better.

Downsloping WSW winds were always a factor that sort of worked against us seeing anything decent tomorrow. If the forcing was strong enough, we could overcome it, but with us being on the fringes of the best vvs, I think the lower end calls are better.

I'm going with 3-6cm max.

Again lets see.

The fact that cold anomalies have been barely consistent this Winter is the big problem. We had many opportunities in December but it was just TOO GODDAM warm!!!

Have you seen the euro weeklies. Week 2-torch but week 4 it has a -NAO anomaly.

If we don't get anything by the end of this month I will throw in the towel on winter 2011-12. At this rate 09-10 will leave this winter in the dust. Never thought I would say that :lol::axe:

it's just too improbable to go snowless or near snowless the rest of the way out. Worst case scenario, we approach 2009-10/1952-53 type totals. And think of the upside: we're so far back of that right now that means another 40cm is on the way! :)

Archived