wigl5l6k
The Official Winter 2011-12 Futility Record Thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowdeficit022412.jpg

A couple of notes:

1) Data is from NWS WFO for Burlington, VT, Gray, ME, Taunton, MA, Binghamton, NY, and Buffalo, NY.

2) YTD and normal snowfall average is through February 24, 2012

3) The delta from 2/17 to 2/24 is a comparison of the departure to date from last week to this week against normal. The number is negative if the departure increased (for all cities but Buffalo and Rochester), and positive if the departure from normal decreased. Buffalo and Rochester had a modest lake effect snow event this past week.

4) Tolland Screw Zone is a fictional place, but inhabited by many members this year in CT and MA. I pick on CT Blizz here only because he's the WOTY, and not because of anything personal. Next week, the screw zone may move, potentially to Wimington, MA, Hubbardston, MA or Fairfield, CT, depending on who moans the most this week. :cry:

Bring on spring, this is just heartbreaking and pathetic.

Its amazing. just 12-36 hours out the models were showing 4-8" for me and what happened today? Not even 0.1" and rain puddles everywhere. just pathetic. biggest bust ever.

F*ck this. Another record low....beating out the previous record set back in 09-10 <_<

Cant wait for the 70's.

With no snow on tap throughout the rest of the month, the 2011-2012 season will mark the first on record dating back to the 1956-1957 season that mby has seen 2\3 of the meterological winter months go snowless. December's trace tied 1999 for the most futile December on record. February 2012 will overtake February 1984 (1") for the least snowiest February on record with it's trace of snow.

The entirety of the 2011-2012 meterological winter will leave 1979-1980's 11.9" in the dust, having recorded a mere 9.5" of snow.

Looking ahead, we will enter March with just 15" compared to 2007's 18" and 1980's 14.9".

I am .1" off the pace as we head into what is modeled on all long term guidance as an absolute torch of a March.

With no snow on tap throughout the rest of the month, the 2011-2012 season will mark the first on record dating back to the 1956-1957 season that mby has seen 2\3 of the meterological winter months go snowless. December's trace tied 1999 for the most futile December on record. February 2012 will overtake February 1984 (1") for the least snowiest February on record with it's trace of snow.

The entirety of the 2011-2012 meterological winter will leave 1979-1980's 11.9" in the dust, having recorded a mere 9.5" of snow.

Looking ahead, we will enter March with just 15" compared to 2007's 18" and 1980's 14.9".

I am .1" off the pace as we head into what is modeled on all long term guidance as an absolute torch of a March.

Looks like 1 if not 2 of your personal records will fall. 1" def. on Weds... 5" more to bust both?

Snowdeficit022412.jpg

A couple of notes:

1) Data is from NWS WFO for Burlington, VT, Gray, ME, Taunton, MA, Binghamton, NY, and Buffalo, NY.

2) YTD and normal snowfall average is through February 24, 2012

3) The delta from 2/17 to 2/24 is a comparison of the departure to date from last week to this week against normal. The number is negative if the departure increased (for all cities but Buffalo and Rochester), and positive if the departure from normal decreased. Buffalo and Rochester had a modest lake effect snow event this past week.

4) Tolland Screw Zone is a fictional place, but inhabited by many members this year in CT and MA. I pick on CT Blizz here only because he's the WOTY, and not because of anything personal. Next week, the screw zone may move, potentially to Wimington, MA, Hubbardston, MA or Fairfield, CT, depending on who moans the most this week. :cry:

I think you confused annual precip with annual snowfall for Concord... Concords average is 60.8"

That's a slick looking graph.

with the recent storm and including the Oct debacle up to 26.5 inches for the season so i guess not too bad roughly 55pct of average.

back in 09-10 we had 22 inches so that was just under 50pct. The Republican says Springfield gets 51 inches average but I use 48 inches as a base as I feel their number is too high.

Without Ocotober though we would be 25pct of normal..On to bigger better things next wintter!

Archived