• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
What's the most snow that a model has shown for your backyard?

Hoosier

For me I think it was a NAM run before 12/15/07. I can't recall how much qpf but I remember BUFKIT spitting out anywhere from 20-24" depending on the technique. Had some other juiced/snowy runs that were very close to that prior to 12/1/06, VD 2007 and GHD.

Nothing sticks out at me as being particularly egregious. Like 3-4 feet or something.

I remember the NAM (or was it still ETA back then) spitting out about 2 feet for 12/15/05. Ended up with a touch over 3" :lol:

There were a few runs of the NAM that also had similar amounts for 03/07-08/08.

Funny enough, the only two storms the last 10 years that have produced more than a foot of snow imby, actually had the models underdo amounts.

Nothing sticks out at me as being particularly egregious. Like 3-4 feet or something.

I remember the NAM (or was it still ETA back then) spitting out about 2 feet for 12/15/05. Ended up with a touch over 3" :lol:

There were a few runs of the NAM that also had similar amounts for 03/07-08/08.

Funny enough, the only two storms the last 10 years that have produced more than a foot of snow imby, actually had the models underdo amounts.

i think it was last year or something,both the nam and gfs were going bonkers with the snowtotal for kbuf,one run of the gfs had 40" :lmao:

For me I think it was a NAM run before 12/15/07. I can't recall how much qpf but I remember BUFKIT spitting out anywhere from 20-24" depending on the technique. Had some other juiced/snowy runs that were very close to that prior to 12/1/06, VD 2007 and GHD.

+1 to the NAM run before Dec 2007. That was a fun night watching that thing roll out.

:wub:

+1 to the NAM run before Dec 2007. That was a fun night watching that thing roll out.

:wub:

Loved that winter - freshmen year of college, every time I was due to go home for the weekend/breaks/etc there was a looming winter storm. Every time. Even for spring break!

Groundhog Day last year, have the pic saved on my other computer but it was saying 20-24" for Toledo just 3 days out. I kept telling everyone it was going to be just like the Blizzard of 67 on AccuWeather Forums and all I heard was that I was nuts for days on end. Of course we wind up getting 9" here and dryslotted just like '67 while Chicago got beyond pummeled

There was one NAM run that hit us with over 2.50" of liquid before (I think) 2/5/10, although it might've been 12/19/09.

That and the NAM BUFKIT spitting out 28" 6 hours before the snow started, and we ended up with ~8" imby and 5" at the airport, on 2/26/10. :lol:

I haven't seen more than 0.07" of snow QPF on a model at Valpo, but I've only been here half a season. :arrowhead:

Archived