joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Heart of Winter

Allenson

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heading back up to Vermont today. Flying into CT at 12:19pm and should be back at school by 5pm.

A couple friends took rough estimates of snow depth yesterday evening and both said between 8-10" on the ground up there. Will confirm that tonight.

Rooting for some additional snowfall Wednesday, but I feel like it'll be shunted south of the region.

Back at LSC. Well, I woke up in Ft. Myers and 67F, and am sitting a 67F room, with an outside temp of 18F, ugh. As I drove up 91, I noticed the lack of snow until just south of St. Johnsbury at about mile 110. There were still bare spots all the way up to mile 130. Not nearly as exciting as I thought it'd be up this way. Total depth ranges from 4" at 800ft to 5.25" here at 1100ft.

After sitting in the hot Florida sun, I'm ready for spring.

Chilly this morning--down to 2F for a low, up fo 5F now...

Back at LSC. Well, I woke up in Ft. Myers and 67F, and am sitting a 67F room, with an outside temp of 18F, ugh. As I drove up 91, I noticed the lack of snow until just south of St. Johnsbury at about mile 110. There were still bare spots all the way up to mile 130. Not nearly as exciting as I thought it'd be up this way. Total depth ranges from 4" at 800ft to 5.25" here at 1100ft.

After sitting in the hot Florida sun, I'm ready for spring.

Well, the Connecticut and Passumpsic valleys both get downsloped pretty much from all directions outside of a NNE or SSW fetch. That being said, there's snowcover along 91 from what I can see--only a few inches, but snowcover all the same. Consider that the immediate valley was basically bare just a few days ago.

10" otg out here in the hills above the valley.

Skied at Burke yesterday afternoon--had a nice day, bluebird skies and fresh snow. Pretty darn nice.

Nice to have it look like February, even outside the office in AUG, where 4.5" has settled to 2-3" - still the correct color. 14" at the stake IMBY, 6-7" below my avg depth for late Feb, but still decent. The 6"-high esker that the snowplow left across the top of our driveway remains in place. I threw more than enough gravel onto the lawn grading the ruts on the driveway Sat; wasn't about to further abuse the snowblower. Maybe we'll get enough snow Wed-Thurs, such that the plow can level things out a bit.

12Z GFS/NAM bring CNE into the game later this week. Thought we would be too far north but again my decision to move from Boston into the White Mountain foothills is proving to be a good decsion.

Have to drive down to Boston this PM, looking forward to seeing some bare ground for a few hours.

Event totals: 0.8” Snow/0.08” L.E.

I found 0.8” on the snowboard this morning, and the snow was still going, so there may be a bit more to add to that. A couple of monthly/seasonal milestones were passed with this little event, hitting 30” for February and passing 100” for the season. Both numbers are still well below average, but that last storm really helped get the snowfall stats out of the basement.

Winter Storm Watches are up for the storm starting tomorrow, with the BTV NWS calling for a general 4 to 8 inches at this point:

28FEB12A.jpg

Some details from the 6:00 A.M. Waterbury observations are below:

New Snow: 0.8 inches

New Liquid: 0.08 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 10

Snow Density: 10.0% H2O

Temperature: 29.1 F

Sky: Snow (3 - 6 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 11.0 inches

Archived