Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 26-27 Potential Snow Event

Hoosier

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feels strange having something to seriously track on the models in dec for our region. Been having to watch the NE for anything long tracking exciting. SE MI has been on a thread the needle roll going back to last winter so not too much doubt this won't deliver in to a nice advisory event. Could all go to shat to my east but the players are there and that's all you can ask for.

Times are changing. I'd gladly switch places with you the rest of the winter.

We've all been hurting so I think ma nature is going to be making up for lost time for most of us...western AND eastern Lakes.

For me, it's going to be mostly scraps/nickel and dime stuff, but I'm cool with that.

ok...back to bed. Being up this early on a Saturday is stupid.

We've all been hurting so I think ma nature is going to be making up for lost time for most of us...western AND eastern Lakes.

For me, it's going to be mostly scraps/nickel and dime stuff, but I'm cool with that.

ok...back to bed. Being up this early on a Saturday is stupid.

Eastern lakes and more so northern OV - I have high hopes for still.. I don't think the pacific is going to help us much here in the middle and then there is climo. I see a very interesting pattern and snowy east compared to, MKE, Madison, eastern Iowa through northern Illinois.. St Louis is cooked also, Friv21 may never see snow again.

Just nothing positive in the next 15 days unless that Dec 27th storm moves NW 150 miles.

If you want to take the latest models verbatum (not a wise move) only the 12z GFS is suppressed. Latest NAM, GEM, and Euro runs (12z euro not out yet) have us in the best spot for accumulating snow. If model consensus moves 150 miles NW then get out the umbrellas and raincoat.

Sure, best spot for 1-2".

If you want to take the latest models verbatum (not a wise move) only the 12z GFS is suppressed. Latest NAM, GEM, and Euro runs (12z euro not out yet) have us in the best spot for accumulating snow. If model consensus moves 150 miles NW then get out the umbrellas and raincoat.

This storm doesnt have much moisture in the cold sector. Not really excited to get less then 3 inches knowing it will melt. If it was a cold pattern it would be a nice base to start with.

DTX

THE TUESDAY FORECAST WILL HINGE ON THE UPPER LEVEL LOW CURRENTLY

OVER NORTHERN MEXICO...AND THE EVENTUAL MERGING/PHASING WITH THE

NORTHERN STREAM. 00Z NAM/CANADIAN BOTH SHOW DEFORMATION AXIS

IMPACTING SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN THROUGHOUT THE DAY ON TUESDAY...WITH

THERMAL PROFILES SUGGESTING MOSTLY SNOW (POSSIBLY STARTING AS

RAIN/SNOW MIX ACROSS THE SOUTH BEFORE LIFT/DYNAMIC COOLING TAKES

PLACE). SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW IS POSSIBLE...BUT THE STORM SYSTEM

COULD STILL SKIRT JUST TO OUR SOUTH...PER 00Z GFS.

Well another event that is useless. Aghh. Just please fast forward my ass to spring.

Seriously do two people post on your account?

Archived