• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 26-27 Potential Snow Event

Hoosier

I beat you by a whole 0.4". I measured 0.2" at 7 AM, 1.4" at 1 PM, and another 0.4" at 7 PM, for a grand total of 2.0". Looks like I was in the "screw zone" as most reports around here were higher (2.5" - 3.0") :P

Looking at your sig, you may be one of thew few (only?) places with a + departure in snowfall, ytd. That's assuming I know a thing about your snowfall climatology.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even thouh the cams were impressive in ottawa AT TIMES, make no mistake the storm was not much of a storm.

there were 2 periods of mod snow, one on the front end for 2 hours, and one on the backend for 2 hours. in the middle was RA/DZ and a dryslot for 4 hours, and the temp was hovering 32-33 the whole time . overall it was hard to measure given the middle rain and temps, but i would say 3-4 inches fell in city of ottawa.

still, no complaints though...as there is an expanding blanket of white over the past week, and its blustery cold and falling temps with snowflakes in the air as i type......

meanwhile over in MTL, nary a flake fell where Env Caanda was calling for 3-6 inches, and eary in the day yesterday, they were actually calling for 6-10 :lol: .......population not impressed.

Looking at your sig, you may be one of thew few (only?) places with a + departure in snowfall, ytd. That's assuming I know a thing about your snowfall climatology.

You are right about our climo. As of today, normal for FWA is 9.6", which means FWA is on the positive side and MBY is just under.

Archived