amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 26-27 Potential Snow Event

Hoosier

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the precip rates have slackened, we've mixed back with rain.

Ya, I'm using the point forecast for Youngstown NY since there directly 30 miles from me. There not expecting a changeover till 2am, just inland is as much as 6 hours earlier. Environment Canada has done a pretty good job for my area so far, still holding the lake shore to little to no snow accumulation. To bad this storm didn't come a week later I'd be back in Waterloo lol

It's lovely outside. That feel good winter scenery. According to CYKF(10 or so miles SE) they're approaching 0.8"... or passed it already. Hard to visually tell what we are at because some of the first round of snow melted before round two. We must be near 1" right now in Waterloo.

Ya, I'm using the point forecast for Youngstown NY since there directly 30 miles from me. There not expecting a changeover till 2am, just inland is as much as 6 hours earlier. Environment Canada has done a pretty good job for my area so far, still holding the lake shore to little to no snow accumulation. To bad this storm didn't come a week later I'd be back in Waterloo lol

For pete sakes catch the next GO train! You're missing winter in Waterloo.

Been snowing lightly all day. No accumulation. Once again areas to the west get the nice banding. Hope it delivers for the folks

further east!

Sorry to say but..........East Side Sucks for Snow!

Unimpressed by today. Blue winter balls. Picked up about an inch or so.

Storm came in for all the daylight hours with temps 33-34 and a period of dry slotting most of the day, never a good outcome even in late December. Reminded me of a early April Snowfall.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA  
419 PM EST TUE DEC 27 2011     

.TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON     
.DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.                
..REMARKS..    

0330 PM     SNOW             AKRON                   41.04N  86.03W  
12/27/2011  M3.9 INCH        FULTON             IN   TRAINED SPOTTER                 

STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL. SNOW HAS STOPPED.     

Changed back to snow. Should be the last of the varying precip me thinks.

I agree. There is a heavy band of precip on radar moving in towards the GTA from the southwest. That should change any mixed precip back to heavy snow.

A few hours ago, the rain was mixed with wet snow briefly in the downtown Toronto core.

Looking decent here so far. Wet snow started about 2pm, has cooled to about 31F (-0.3C) at my place now.

I feel bad for montreal, but hopefully Ottawa picks up a fair bit.

good luck to all the toronto folks this evening.

here is my first ever map, took me 3 years to get around to doing this, saves a lot of typing :lol:

Well we are already up to 3 miles for the surface vis at KDTW and steadily rising, so looks like even 1-3" will end up being a bust. Sad too because if it was 30 degrees we'd probably have 3-6" on the ground for the day. Oh well I guess we try our luck on these next couple of clippers.

You need some color on that map OL. :P

Good luck with the forecast and the snow! :)

yeah i tried that, but my MS paint lets me do things in color but as soon as i let go of the mouse button or press enter, it converts it to black....i dunno.

i'll try and get more sophisticated with time :lol:

how much did you pick up today, a couple inches?

yeah i tried that, but my MS paint lets me do things in color but as soon as i let go of the mouse button or press enter, it converts it to black....i dunno.

i'll try and get more sophisticated with time :lol:

how much did you pick up today, a couple inches?

Ah, I see. I'm sure you'll figure it out. :D

2.2". Not too shabby I guess.

Archived