northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
December 26-27 Potential Snow Event

Hoosier

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the storm actually tracked too far west for my liking and best deform will stay west. We shall see. Started as rain with a few flakes around 7am, it is now all snow but not sticking yet. I wont be home til late tonight now so I wont be posting til storm post mortem. Fingers crossed lol

Seems to be the track this year. Accumulating on grassy surfaces only... so far about 0.3". Don't expect much in accumulation on pavement with the ground temps so warm.

Awesome.

Using that snowfall report at 7AM and the total precip at LAF through 7AM (0.19"), looks like about 5:1-6:1 ratio snow. Kinda sad...but we'll take what we can get. :lol:

Thats for sure. Wish it would have lasted longer... today is going to be slow at the office.

Looks like a few flakes are trying to mix in with the light rain. With temps around 35, it is going to take a while to do much.

With luck, your change-over might happen sooner than you think.

Windsor over to snow. SPC meso-analysis show 850 temps collapsing. Just need to get that cooling down to the sfc. The sooner the better.

lolLAF is such a weird station. From 3:30AM onward, every in between hour ob had 34/34, while every hourly ob had 33/33.

http://www.wundergro...ilyHistory.html

:lol: Apparently the SPECI reports didn't include the more accurate "

T00060006" bit on the end. Either way, thats an amazingly constant temperature.

EDIT: formatting failure

EDIT2: I don't know why I can't get the random line break to go away. Whatever.

:lol: Apparently the SPECI reports didn't include the more accurate "T00060006" bit on the end. Either way, thats an amazingly constant temperature.

EDIT: formatting failure

EDIT2: I don't know why I can't get the random line break to go away. Whatever.

Fixed above, there you go. :lol:

As for the temperature at LAF, amazingly consistent weird station.

Windsor over to snow. SPC meso-analysis show 850 temps collapsing. Just need to get that cooling down to the sfc. The sooner the better.

Its only a matter of time when the sfc temps crash in the GTA which i expect to come mid-late afternoon.

I'm going for 1.5 to 3" across the region.

The short range models are going for 3-4", lets see.

Hopefully this produces but the clipper on Friday looks interesting and so does next week on the EURO. Looks like rain to heavy snow on the EURO.

EURO's kinda out there by itself now. I agree with b_i (as per the other thread) that a more amplified pattern is in store, more so than what the GFS is showing, but the EURO's kinda looney. Hope it's right though.

Its only a matter of time when the sfc temps crash in the GTA which i expect to come mid-late afternoon.

I'm going for 1.5 to 3" across the region.

The short range models are going for 3-4", lets see.

Yeah, that sounds about right to me. I said 2-4", maybe more like 1-4" given the bust potential.

9 out of 10 Decembers, a rapidly deepening storm with a track like that has us under a heavy snow or winter storm warning. Makes you shake your head a bit, but at least the narrative of this winter is being shaken up a bit. We can be grateful for that.

Yeah, that sounds about right to me. I said 2-4", maybe more like 1-4" given the bust potential.

9 out of 10 Decembers, a rapidly deepening storm with a track like that has us under a heavy snow or winter storm warning. Makes you shake your head a bit, but at least the narrative of this winter is being shaken up a bit. We can be grateful for that.

If this storm can deliver atleast 2" and another 2-3" later in the week with the possible clipper we should obtain half of our monthly december snowfall lol.

As for the bust, potential, I think the chances are higher near the lake and much lower the further north you move?

Temps already starting to fall across SW Ont/SE Michigan I believe.

looks to me based on what i have read in this thread that the snow is panning out as expected or slightly better in spots.

windsor's ob with SN and visibility of 1/2 mile is ahead of what most models had predicted as far as i can tell.

check out this doozy ob in north bay, they are getting destroyed on a S wind

North Bay Airport Date: 11:00 AM EST Tuesday 27 December 2011

• Condition: Heavy Snow Pressure: 100.3 kPa Tendency: rising Visibility: 0.2 km
  • Temperature: -0.1°C Dewpoint: -0.6°C Humidity: 96 % Wind: S 9 km/h Wind Chill: -3

Archived