Newest Member
    northernriwx
December 26-27 Potential Snow Event

Hoosier

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice flora-da snow.

LOL it's felt like Florida here lately... and those hours when it was stuck at 37 I thought ok come on lets get out of Florida and back to IL... glad to see it drop to 35, and more snow mixing in with the rain... still looking good for an inch, MAYBE 2 if we get lucky, but just to see it white I'll take it here...

Had a bit of a lull for a while which I used to get into work. Main roads are just lightly slushy here. Some higher returns moving in now. Looks like it'll taper down in the next two hours. Based on some of the reports in Illinois, LAF might pick up an additional inch.

Had a bit of a lull for a while which I used to get into work. Main roads are just lightly slushy here. Some higher returns moving in now. Looks like it'll taper down in the next two hours. Based on some of the reports in Illinois, LAF might pick up an additional inch.

How much you got (accumulation) so far?

About an inch here in Kankakee.

There was a discussion about daylight not affecting this system. Well it has. It was snow at night then around 8 AM (daylight hours) it has switched to sleet. Now we need solid precipitation rates to overcome the daylight.

Where at? That seems like a coincidence than anything. Sunlight shouldn't be affecting the atmosphere where it counts with regards to sleet....

Speaking of those higher returns... seing huge flakes right now. If only it was a couple degrees colder we'd be looking at some decent accumulation rates...

I'd guess you're seeing a surge of warm air in the lower levels ahead of the low/trough that coincided with sunrise.

I should have known the sun has nothing to do with warming. Ok.

Of course this will become a pointless argument because I cannot make it nighttime again to prove one way or another. So whatever.

Regardless it is now sleeting here. Hopefully that will change soon but I will not get my hope up.

I should have known the sun has nothing to do with warming. Ok.

Of course this will become a pointless argument because I cannot make it nighttime again to prove one way or another. So whatever.

Regardless it is now sleeting here. Hopefully that will change soon but I will not get my hope up.

Yeah, unfortunately these marginal events are finicky..

Man 12z NAM puts the heart of the comma head right over Toronto this evening. If temps weren't a problem this would be a low end warning criteria event for sure. I'm gonna up my call to 2-4". High bust potential, but I think even with a later change over, we get at least 2".

Good luck up there Mike. 2-4" would be awesome no doubt.

Man 12z NAM puts the heart of the comma head right over Toronto this evening. If temps weren't a problem this would be a low end warning criteria event for sure. I'm gonna up my call to 2-4". High bust potential, but I think even with a later change over, we get at least 2".

Looks like a few flakes are trying to mix in with the light rain. With temps around 35, it is going to take a while to do much.

With luck, your change-over might happen sooner than you think.

Archived