• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 26-27 Potential Snow Event

Hoosier

will have to keep an eye on it.....i'm supposed to be traveling around then too, i am moving to northern VT just over the border for the rest of the winter....will still be keeping my eye on the weather in ontario and S quebec though.

Yeah, I'd rather the storm be on the 5th, but we can't control the weather! A storm on the 4th we be a bummer given schedule is tight and I've planned my event in advance. Regardless, it'll be interesting to track!

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow reports

Location snowfall duration

(inches) (hours) lat Lon

... Genesee County...

Flint M 0.6 M 43.02n 83.69w

... Oakland County...

White Lake M 0.8 M 42.65n 83.50w

recipitation will fall predominantly snow this afternoon...but we will see a few bursts of rain mix in at times. Precipitation type will change over to all snow after 21z as colder air begins to arrive on the backside of the system. Ceilings will also remain quite low through the remainder of the afternoon and into the evening...LIFR this afternoon (maybe a few dips to vlifr)...then lifting to IFR during the evening. Total snow accumulations are expected to range between 1 and 3 inches of wet snow. Snow will end uniformly from west to east at the terminal sites around 00z this evening. Northwest winds will then increase behind a cold front which will pass quickly through the Southeast Michigan between 23-02z...with gusts around 25 knots through much of the night. Along with the increase in winds...temperatures will fall into the teens behind the front. This will allow any leftover moisture on surfaces to freeze. For dtw...given bursts of rain this morning and the wet heavy snow...accumulations should remain under two inches. Most of this will be on grassy or elevated surface.

Tell me about it. Still rain and 2C here. Not looking promising at all for Downtown Toronto and those along the lakeshore.

It looked like the snow was trying to mix in at 3 pm but we're back to RA now. At this rate I'll be lucky to pick up 1" of slush.

I guess I've already had a couple of surprise nickel and dime events so that this December isn't a total waste.

Archived