Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
0z Models 12/13/2010

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently GFS now has an east coast storm folks. 144 starts..coastal low and moving up the coast

I'm not trying to be a smart arse, but I'd like to hear some reasoning as to why we should trust the gfs 7 days out. Is it just that the pattern is that "easy" for models to hone in on the key players?

I think I'll feel better tomorrow afternoon after the gfs drops the storm completely until Thursday.

I'm not trying to be a smart arse, but I'd like to hear some reasoning as to why we should trust the gfs 7 days out. Is it just that the pattern is that "easy" for models to hone in on the key players?

I think I'll feel better tomorrow afternoon after the gfs drops the storm completely until Thursday.

Well, no one is "trusting" anything at this point..but the signal is there because the GFS has come around to wait the Euro was already showing.

Guest someguy

Now we have model support. That's all I was looking for

where is my gun?

your obstinacy is hard to believe

Models do not make it big NE snows JI

patterns do

Guest someguy

dude read the woof thread

this is not about 1 model

I know it's far away, but this solution does make sense as one of the strongest blocks on record is retrograding into Canada at the time. A strong NE moving system overrunning cold air is very common in the pattern. Pieces of the PV are constantly circling the block. The movement of the NAO ridge will determine this storms exact track, but I think it's safe to say the 12-19/20 threat is legit.

I know it's far away, but this solution does make sense as one of the strongest blocks on record is retrograding into Canada at the time. A strong NE moving system overrunning cold air is very common in the pattern. The movement of the NAO block will determine the exact track, but I think it's safe to say the 12-19/20 threat is legit.

i think that first sentence is sooo important because a lot of times we latch on to a model run's interpretation when in reality the players on the field don't suggest it'll play out that way. I am often guilty of that myself, but it's tough when you follow the weather like this not to be enthused when you see an I-95 snowstorm but now I see the importance of the broader signals.

I know it's far away, but this solution does make sense as one of the strongest blocks on record is retrograding into Canada at the time. A strong NE moving system overrunning cold air is very common in the pattern. Pieces of the PV are constantly circling the block. The movement of the NAO ridge will determine this storms exact track, but I think it's safe to say the 12-19/20 threat is legit.

:o:stun: Chuck on board.

http://1664596.sites.myregisteredsite.com/meteorology/Thisweekinwx/archive/DEC12/dec12.htm

Archived