joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
FAILDC#

Ji

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z shows the more classic La Nina track, Snow far to the west. Appalachian, western/central PA hit and into New England. Something to watch for sure.

hey, a coastal 4 days out in any year and I'll take my chances

but the reality is, this would need the quintessential perfect track to give IAD/DCA/BWI mainly snow in early DEC...in a NINA...with a general cr@ppy NH pattern

but that's what we live for, isn't it?

Not overly excited about the threat. Major indices aren't cooperating at all but I know that doesn't mean it "can't" snow. Unless I'm missing something, I'm not seeing a decent hp to the nw in se canada or ny to help with the thermal profile. 6z @114 shows a 1019 in se canada and a 1017 over ne. I think that implies a low level ne flow and ocean influence isn't gonna help with temps.

I didn't take a serious look or anything so I could be out to lunch but what I saw didn't excite me too much.

JMA looks to have something brewing, but it puts it at days 5-6 (basically 24 hrs behind GFS/Euro)

not certain if it's rain or snow based on maps I'm seeing

here's a link; you need to change the parameters on left

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=namk&MODELL=jma&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=jma&VAR=pslv&HH=120&ARCHIV=0&ZOOM=0&PERIOD=&WMO=

Seems to be pretty good concensus on the GFS ens. and with the EC coming around to the idea of a storm, I'm feeling a little tingle about this one. Might get shot down later, but I think I'll choose to continue to be hopeful.

Wasn't it just a few days ago that the models were telling us that next weekend was going to be warm? Doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

Archived