amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
FAILDC#

Ji

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on now...in October the reason it wasn't going to snow was climo and it was October and we needed a perfect track/scenario...now it's because it's because it's early December and the pattern is horrific and we need that perfect track again and.....well.....that whole climo thing......right?

except it's going to snow.. especially out that a way

And by the way..as I have said for years on here and at Eastern...I love snow no matter how much or if it sticks or not...I just love seeing it fall from the sky so if that is all that happens this week...I will love it.

I completely agree in December or anytime before New Years actually...any snow I consider a bonus and nice, especially during holiday time. But for some reason once into January its go big or go home for me. I lose interest in 1" type events once past the holidays. Not sure why. In December any snow is nice though.

I completely agree in December or anytime before New Years actually...any snow I consider a bonus and nice, especially during holiday time. But for some reason once into January its go big or go home for me. I lose interest in 1" type events once past the holidays. Not sure why. In December any snow is nice though.

I love a big event as well...trust me...just check out how many posts I usually have in and obs thread during...but I have always gotten geeked up by snow falling...hope to see some this week

I agree the pattern is horrible and any storm is a long shot, but if we were looking for a snow threat in this type of cruddy nina type pattern this is the kind of storm we want. When we have gotten snows in these type patterns in the past it usually is with a stalled frontal type system where something develops on the tail end. Its about our only shot in this kind of crap pattern. Still needs perfect timing and position of the synoptic setup. If the front is too fast its OTS if its too slow its not cold enough. If it doesnt amp enough its a flat wave, if its too amped its a cutter. Both the frontal position and the amplification have to be perfect so its a long shot but at least its a chance.

850s looks good on the NAM but the boundary layer is very warm. Would be good for PSUHoffman and folks well NW of the 95 corridor, but would be a chilly rain for the 95 folks unfortunately. Not saying it's right or not.

Elevation will certainly have a big role in this.

very similar to October event..starts off as Rain and turns into heavy snow. Would be awfully funny if December ends up way above average in the snow category LOL

I'm sure we have had plenty of +2 or +4 months that had snow during the month...I get all of the doom and gloom about the pattern but like I mentioned...this seems more normal to me for us getting snow...suck pattern then bang some snow then back to suck pattern. 09-10...pffft...anomaly...

Archived